Travelport are a leading IT software company, providing powerful technology solutions for the global travel and tourism industry and we're redefining travel commerce; come and join us on our journey…
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and forward-thinking individual to join us an Associate Financial Accountant within our controllership team.
If you have a passion for finance, an aptitude for problem-solving and are motivated to unlock your potential with a dynamic organisation, then this could be the position for you.
The position would suit a recently part qualified or soon to be P/Q finance professional with 1-3 years exposure to a finance environment. You will be highly motivated and keen to both identify issues and take responsibility for seeing them through to resolution.
This is a less transactional position than other finance roles, with a real emphasis on problem-solving, investigative work and resolution management.
You will report into the Finance Manager of Financial Reporting within the Controllership team and will require regular interaction with other Controllership team members, other internal finance teams, and the external auditors, along with the Director of Financial Reporting.
You will be responsible for assisting with the monthly, quarterly and annual accounting close for the Travelport group, the accounting for corporate entities and project work amongst other accountabilities;
- Assist with the resolution of month end accounting issues
- Responsible for ensuring reconciliation of intercompany transactions across the group to ensure all imbalances are resolved
- Assist in preparation of supporting information and reconciliations for the Company’s external financial statements
- Assist in recording the journals for complex accounting transactions
- Responsible for accounting for certain treasury, corporate and administrative functions/costs each month
- Assist in preparation of documentation for external auditors to support the audit of the Travelport financial results as part of the preparation of the Company’s Consolidated quarterly and annual financial statements
- Responsible for preparing month-end account reconciliations
- Assist monitoring adherence to the group close timetable
Knowledge & Skills
We envisage you having a professional background in Finance with your studies already commenced, combined with the right mentality and behaviours that fit within our Finance function.
We’d like to be able to identify the following attributes;
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem-solving ability
- Time management/organizational skills
What can we offer?
In return we are offering a competitive salary and the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and growing organisation along with;
- 25 days holiday
- Competitive pension plan
- Life assurance
- Annual bonus
The role may involve some travelling in the UK. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job