Associate Director of Carbon Finance
We are currently supporting an innovative emerging markets private credit investor to launch a new strategy centred around decarbonisation in global emerging markets.
The fund will provide debt to SMEs that are actively decarbonising or making their operations more resilient or producing products and services that decarbonise or make their markets more resilient. Working directly with the head of the fund, this individual will play a central role in providing carbon markets expertise and understanding to support on investment decisions and monitoring. Our client has team members in London, Nairobi, Singapore, Madrid, Amsterdam, and California. Ideally this role will be based in London or Amsterdam, but there is flexibility around this.
- Providing technical expertise to the main fund for investment decisions and investment monitoring. Across all transactions, the firm needs rigorous methodologies for assessing the expected carbon reductions and monitoring them. In many of the transactions, carbon credits will act as part of the collateral package or upside on the transaction, necessitating carbon underwriting.
- Running the Carbon Project Preparedness Facility. Alongside the main fund, the firm will have a $5-10m repayable grant facility to help less mature companies assess the viability of issuing carbon credits and operationalising them.
- Create per-borrower carbon methodologies for forecasting and monitoring.
- Assist in due diligence with assessments of the potential value of carbon-based cash flows and sophistication of counterparties.
- Hire and manage consultants where appropriate.
- Be the first line of defence on risk management.
- 7+ years in carbon measurement and verification.
- 4+ years as an issuer of carbon credits or a buyer of carbon credits.
- Familiarity with forestry methodologies is a positive.
- Experience in emerging and frontier markets.
- Expertise in methodologies relating to agriculture, transport and logistics.
- Familiarity with Verra and Gold Standard methodologies.
- Excellence in negotiating carbon-based contracts.
This is a great opportunity to join a firm committed to delivering positive impact across emerging markets whilst delivering commercial rate returns within a highly capable and committed team. Please reach out today if you have the necessary experience and could be interested in this opportunity. Apply directly below, or contact Jack Malhotra-Mulloy at for more information.
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'