Position: Associate Director, Medical Training – Women’s Cancer
Location: Cambridge, UK or Gaithersburg, US
Salary: Competitive with excellent benefits.
At AstraZeneca every one of our employees makes a difference to patient lives every day. Each and every one of us believes that science has the ability to change lives and that to deliver this takes many people with many skill sets. When we deliver a life-changing medicine, that success comes from the combined efforts of all of our people.
We’re currently looking for an Associate Director of Medical Training to be based in either Cambridge, UK or Gaithersburg, US to work within the Oncology Training & Development (OTD) team. This role participates in the development of training content and delivers learning and development experiences for Medical field facing teams in Global markets, in support of the Women’s Cancer franchise.
The role will contribute to the overall success of the OTD team by identifying ways to continuously improve the learning process and enhance learning effectiveness. Success factors for this role include cultural and operational adaptability of training, Medical content across the cross-functional OTD organization and measurable improvement in performance when learners return to their performance environment.
Due to the nature of this role, domestic and international travel of around 20-25% should be expected
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops training and development, partnering with US and Global AZ stakeholders enable a high performing organization. Ensures training programs support the changing needs of the business across the globe and address new initiatives, with an emphasis on current trends and practices.
- Consults with US and Global AZ stakeholders to identify and assess professional development needs of the Medical field-facing teams and performance gaps.
- Ensures learning content is delivered as designed; makes recommendations to content developers to continually improve the global content and design.
- Evaluates and effectively leverages existing or new Medical vendor partners as appropriate (cost and impact) to deliver training. Facilitates content using both "off the shelf" and custom designed content.
- Administers learning evaluations and assessments to ensure targeted levels of effectiveness and impact of learning programs to achieve business outcomes; uses these data to inform the ongoing quality of training content.
- Maintains global relationships, contact and communication with learning program participants and cohorts for coaching and/or pull through training, follow-up and continuity of blended learning completions.
- Researches, develops and disseminates post-training performance support and reinforcement tools to sustain behavioural change and drive improved performance and business outcomes
- Advanced degree in science-related field, such as Pharmacology, Medical or similar
- 3-5 years clinical or research expertise in oncology diseases
- 1-3-year minimum in the oncology space
- Demonstrable experience working within oncology learning & development with field facing teams
- Ability to manage a diverse group of responsibilities
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional, global team environment
- Doctorate in related field
- Minimum 5 years experience in a strategy-setting role within Medical Affairs
- Working knowledge of FDA requirements
- Expertise in women’s cancer knowledge strongly preferred
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job