Salary Package: Wide Open and Flexible DOE + Excellent Bonus Scheme
Location: Home Based in UK (Preferably Cambridge)
Requirements of the Associate Director:
- PhD or MSc educated in a biology-based discipline (pharmacology, ion channel biology, toxicology etc.)
- Proven track record of recruiting and developing a world-class team and optimising their performance in a discovery project environment
- Strong knowledge of pharmacology, pre-clinical safety etc. gleaned through professional recognition, external presentation and publication in high-impact journals
- Extensive experience in pre-clinical drug discovery, with deep pharmacology knowledge, coupled with a strong safety expertise in one or more target organ areas (eg. hepatotoxicity, cardiotoxicity)
- Extensive knowledge of pre-clinical safety studies within an academic or industrial environment
- Track record of achieving and driving results across a diverse project portfolio by driving strategic, scientific, financial and people performance
Responsibilities of the Associate Director:
- You will set the vision and lead a team in generating pre-clinical plate-based in vitro safety assessment data to predict and understand compound (and novel drug modalities) liability at key safety-related targets
- You will also be accountable for Discovery Sciences’ ion channel pharmacology capabilities for both safety and efficacy studies
- As the Associate Director, you will lead and drive a high-performing team to provide early, impactful safety insight to projects across the global IMEDs, through a combination of quantitative in vitro pharmacological, 'omics, mass-spectrometry and high content imaging approaches
- You will be a scientific leader, able to represent the discipline across a broad range of therapeutic projects and global initiatives within Discovery Sciences and IMEDs, and also externally
- You will drive scientific and technical innovation, including through external collaboration and partnership
- You will also be a key member of the Global Mechanistic Biology & Profiling Leadership Team, participating in setting and maintaining the strategic direction, scientific quality and efficiency of the department
- My client is a leading organisation in the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Working across the globe this role collaborates with their UK-Based head office as well as sites all over Europe
- Discovery Sciences is a department which drives early drug discovery through Innovative Medicines and Early Development
- A large focus of my client lies in Mechanistic Biology, Oncology, Cardiovascular and Renal Disease, Respiratory, Inflammation & Autoimmunity, and Neuroscience.
If this sounds like the role for you then please apply now!
You must have full right to work in the UK to be considered for this role.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100 of vouchers from a high street shop of your choice!
- Drug Discovery
- Molecular Biology
- Discovery Biology
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job