PAREXEL strives to be the premier provider to the biopharmaceutical and medical device industries for the development and commercialization of new medical therapies worldwide. Our mission is to combine the strength of our expertise, experience and innovation to advance the worldwide success of the biopharmaceutical and medical device industries in preventing and curing disease.
This role is to be based at our UK Head Office situated in Uxbridge, this is a close distance to Uxbridge train station as well as the town centre and the building has plenty of free parking.
The role of Associate Clinical Site Manager (ACSM) has been created in PAREXEL to train and develop people, without any previous industry experience but who do have a strong academic background and interest in clinical research. During the training period (minimum 6 months) you will be responsible for learning and developing skills and competencies to work in a clinical research environment. At the end of this period you will be ready to work independently within Global Clinical Operations Department in PAREXEL.
Theory learning activities
- Attend all training activities organized for this role (in the country or at international level)
- Complete all mandatory trainings in LMS
- Do all pre-work that applies to each training activity
- Complete and deliver on time all activities including post-training activities
Practical In House Activities
- Learn to build relationships with investigators and site staff, including participation in calls with sites
- Be able to identify and understand essential documents required for a clinical trial
- Be present and support all start-up activities including EC/IRB
- Understand the submission process for Site Regulatory Package (SRP) documents collection and follow-up
Practical On-Site activities
- Arrange on-site observational visits and logistics (e.g. travel arrangements).
- Perform on-site observational visits (Qualification, Initiation, Monitoring and Termination) with appropriate support; apply judgment and knowledge to independently resolve site issues, questions and concerns.
Department/Company General activities
- Successfully pass all assessments related to this role
- Complete routine departmental administrative tasks in a timely manner (e.g. times, metrics, concur etc.)
- Attend to all internal activities and corporate meetings
Project Administrative tasks
- Perform project specific training agreed to understand the main project activities
- Ensure the basic understanding of project scope, milestones, budgets, and time codes and strive for high quality, timely, and efficient delivery
- Help the local team in completing Clinical Trial Management Systems (CTMS) and study specific trackers
- Educated to degree level (biological science, pharmacy or other health-related discipline preferred) or equivalent nursing qualification
- Ability to interact professionally within a client organization with the support of manager or team members
- Flexible and positive attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to work in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork
- Strong computer skills including but not limited to the knowledge of a Clinical Trial Management System (CTMS), Electronic Document Management System (EDMS), and MS-Office products such as Excel and Word
- Sound interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Sound proactive and problem solving skills
- Sense of urgency in completing assigned tasks and ability to assist others to meet study/ country deliverables
- Effective time management in order to meet daily metrics, team objectives, and department goals
- Shows commitment to and performs consistently high quality work
- Able to accommodate travel time requirements, according to tasks allocation/phase of the study assigned
- Willing and able to travel locally and internationally occasionally as required.
- Holds a driver’s license where required.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous clincial research work experience is valuable but not essential
- Proficient in written and oral English and fluent in relevant local language
- Strong acadmeic background in clincial research or the life sciences is essential.
- A keen desire, strong interest and a passion for clinical research is essential.
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and development within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive base salary plus a great commission scheme as well as a benefits package including 25 days holiday per year, a strong contributory pension scheme, life assurance, long term disability insurance, private medical and private dental cover as well as other leading edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type.
Apply today to begin your journey!
- Clinical Research
- Clinical Trials
- Graduate Entry
- Clinical Research Associates
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job