Banking and finance is at the heart of every economy, providing the means to help businesses expand and investors grow. Dentons’ Banking and Finance team operates at the industry’s forefront, working with innovative finance products across the world.
Our integrated global team of Banking and Finance lawyers and professionals offer an expansive breadth of insight, helping our clients to structure and document transactions that help to provide financing to virtually every industry. Since Dentons represents both finance providers and users, our clients benefit from counsel that understands the needs and wants of each party. Whether it is a domestic bank in Hong Kong, a government development bank in Moscow, or banks in several other locations, our team understands our clients.
Purpose of role
We now have an opportunity for two mid-level Associates to join our industry-leading and growing transactional Banking team in London. This is an exciting and challenging role and is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious banking lawyer looking to develop their knowledge and progress their career within a global firm.
You will work across a wide range of transactions, specifically leveraged finance, real estate finance, general corporate lending and global syndicated lending.
You will work directly with some of the world's leading Banks and Financial Institutions and collaborate with experts throughout the wider firm and across Dentons' international offices.
You will be encouraged to stretch yourself as a lawyer and to take an active role in developing client relationships from an early stage, with the opportunity to undertake at least one client secondment.
You will have the support of an excellent team of PSLs and comprehensive legal training. The firm also offers an structured personal and career development programme.
Required experience, skills and attributes
- You will have at least 3 years' in depth post qualification experience gained at a City or major UK regional firm within the following areas:
- Drafting and/or negotiating LMA-based and bespoke client facility documentation including drafting financial covenants for leveraged or real estate finance transactions
- Drafting and negotiating a wide range of English law security
- Transaction management including co-ordination of local law security
- Advising clients on intercreditor and subordination arrangements
- Experience of supervising trainees, paralegals and more junior associates
- Ideally English law qualified
- Strong academic record, including a degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of restructuring and insolvency and funds finance would be a bonus, however we are not hiring in these areas so you must have new lending experience in the areas mentioned above to be considered.
- Dedicated to exceptional client service
- Excellent business development ability and demonstrates market focus
- Strong financial and business awareness
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrates good judgment and resilience skills
- Shows strong initiative and drive and takes control of own career development
We are a truly global law firm and as such, always welcome hearing from those with foreign language capabilities.
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. If, as a result of a disability, you believe that there are aspects of the recruitment process or job that you would find more difficult than a non-disabled person, please tell us as soon as possible. We will then be able to discuss with you any reasonable adjustments that could be made to the recruitment process or the job itself.
Dentons is the world's largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. Dentons' polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job