Our client is looking to recruit additional Associate Applications Specialist (AAS). These are full-time roles based in our Hammersmith, London office.
Our client is a software house focusing on the development of eCOA applications which are used by Pharmaceutical Clients and CRO's when running Clinical Trials. The software is delivered on handheld devices (mobiles and tablets) and input of information is done by doctors, nurses, clinicians, the patients themselves or their family members.
The Associate Application Specialist will work in a hybrid software enhancement and business analyst capacity. This is an 6-month entry level Graduate Internship into the business and would suit an individual with an interest in business, technology and particularly this sector. Previous successful applicants have progressed to Application Specialist, Senior Application Specialist, Project Manager and Pre Sales Support.
The core development of our client's range of tools is conducted from their Research and Development (R&D) establishment in Helsinki, Finland. In their UK and US offices, it is more about modifying the product range, so that the nuances work most effectively for their clients' needs. The changes may be around modifying the layout of the GUI front end, ensuring the buttons are where the client wants them, that the questionnaires have lined up and formatted sentences, the logo is where they want it or the "welcome message" personalised.
To undertake this work our client uses a proprietary language, but this is not unlike SQL or Java; therefore, exposure to these tools is preferred.
For this level of role, we are looking at a starting salary of £22,500. We will consider:
- Individuals who have completed an IT orientated diploma or Masters, with knowledge of SQL, Java or programming languages
- Worked in a similar environment, understanding the clients requirements and tailoring the front end of proprietary software
- Maybe you have worked with a mobile phone seller and have a great knowledge of hand held devices, are proficient in their use and in helping the customer in using the devices.
- Maybe you are returning to work and looking to utilise your IT skills OR
- Have worked in Clinical Trials and understand the issues encountered by clinicians and are able to use your real technical expertise in improving their experience.
Who it is not right for? Dyed in the wool software developers who just want to code and write software! (Our R&D is undertaken in Romania and Finland. This is NOT a Software Developer role!!!)
- Assist requirement gathering and business analyst tasks for eCOA collection, reporting and data transfer
- Assist the development of eCOA solutions using TrialMax platform (Web, Slate, Touch) according to the requirements gathered and interpretation of the client clinical protocol
- Create standard online reports in TrialManager web portal, using SQL
- Perform localization of eCOA solutions
- Assist in troubleshooting potential issue/bug
- Perform billable application work
- Promote and maintain our client's high-quality, professional, service-oriented company image
- Remain compliant to the internal Quality Management System(QMS)
- Assist Project Managers to ensure complete review of application design for end user use and adherence to a clinical protocol; supporting unit testing as able
- Other responsibilities will be assigned as required
- Demonstrated programming experience and SQL knowledge, preferred, as would be Python, Java or similar
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Team working and organizational skills
- Good attention to details & computer skills
- Must be team oriented with a 'Can Do' attitude
Start date ASAP
Competitive £22,500 starting salary
The interview process will involve face-to-face individual interviews as well as a short group assessment centre.
If you feel you have the necessary requirements to succeed, then apply right away. Any further queries, please contact Ms Elis Mehmedova, University of London, CoSector.
Please note that the CoSector, on behalf of CRF Health, is managing the recruitment for this role. Please do not contact CRF Health directly; all enquiries must come through the CoSector internships team. Any applications sent to CRF Health directly will not be accepted.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job