Assitant Quantity Surveyor - Entry Level
Due to growth we now have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join our organisation.
This is a fantastic opening for someone who is looking to progress their career in this field of work.
Dependent on performance, you will receive financial sponsorship to undertake your part-time degree on a day release basis and Professional qualification as well as practical training and development.
In this role your key responsibilities will be:
- Working within the Employers Agent team assisting at monthly project meetings, taking and preparing minutes, and assisting with reporting on progress and programme.
- Assisting with the preparation of pre and post tender documentation and evaluation.
- Assisting with the preparation of financial appraisals of tenders for schemes and financial forecasts.
- Assisting with the preparation of contractual documentation.
- Assisting with the administration of small scale building contracts.
- Assisting with the process of claims and mitigating costs for development schemes.
- Assisting with the management of contract scope including cost variations, schedule of works, quality of projects, construction progress and contractors claims.
- Assisting with the preparation of certificates for all interim payments to the contractor.
- Assisting with the issuing of monthly valuations and cost forecasts and production of final accounts for payment by the client.
Who we are...
Cross Keys Homes is an award winning, innovative and dynamic business experiencing growth and success.
We pride ourselves on being a commercial minded organisation with a social heart.
We are committed to building 500 new homes each year, we are a multi-faceted company who are dedicated to our customers, not only are we the leading Housing organisation in Peterborough, we are also the city's largest provider of independent living, striving to improve our communities by providing a range of services such as our Lifeline Emergency Alarm system, Community Care, Local Community Initiatives and Sheltered Housing.
This is what we are looking for...
- A minimum of GCSE Maths, English (literature or language) and 4 other subjects at grade C or equivalent qualification
- A minimum of 112 UCAS tariff points achieved from at least two full A-levels or equivalent qualification. Example results are BBC at A Level or DMM at Extended BTEC Diploma
- High quality oral and written communications
- Strong people skills
- Pro-active approach
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- A flexible attitude able to respond to the needs of the business.
- Excellent problem solving skills, a self-starter.
- Demonstrable knowledge or keen interest in the construction industry
- Full UK driving license and access to a car
- This role will require a DBS check
Whilst we endeavour to contact all applicants, should you not hear from us within 21 days of applying please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
In return we are offering:
- Competitive salary of £21829 - £27357 depending on knowledge, skills and experience
- Working hours: Monday to Friday 9am- 5pm
- A great working environment with all the tools needed to fulfil your role
- A friendly and supportive team
- Excellent opportunities for learning and working towards gaining relevant qualifications
- A highly competitive contributory pension scheme
- Onsite Parking
- 25 days holiday
- Discounted on site Car Valet service
- Onsite Dry Cleaning Service (collection and drop off)
- Weekly onsite yoga classes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Cycle to work scheme
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'