Working as part of a highly committed team at Sunrise the Care Assistant is one of the key and fundamental roles within our communities. As Care Assistant you will put the residents care and wellbeing at the heart of everything you do. At Sunrise we pride ourselves on the warmth and support we provide to our residents and their families. We promote independence, dignity and quality of life at all times in a person centred caring and supportive environment.
As Care Assistant you will assist with daily activities providing residents with both physical and emotional support and personal care as needed. You will help with transporting residents to appointments and activities outside of the community, serve food in the dining room, complete dining room clean-up and tidy resident's room.
Assisted Living provides people focused services for seniors in spacious and secure communities. We need a cheerful, compassionate person to carry out a wide range of general and personal care tasks, offering our residents emotional as well as physical support. Sound judgment, initiative and problem solving ability are extremely important. The ability to read, write and communicate in English will also be vital.
Key things about you;
- Experience preferred but not essential -however a caring and compassionate attitude is.
- NVQ 2/3 in Health and Social Care desirable or a willingness to undertake the qualification
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Medication administration training and/or a willingness to undertake training if required
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- Must be at least 18 years of age
Sunrise is an award-winning provider of high quality residential and dementia care. From the moment you step into our beautiful grounds you know you are somewhere special. We have 27 locations across the UK and continue to expand and grow our proposition.
Working at Sunrise Senior Living is truly a unique career experience. As one of the country's most forward-thinking Senior Living companies, we take pride in providing the resources you need to make a real difference in our residents' lives. Our resident-centered approach to quality care is key to how we operate. We invite you to contribute your talents as part of the team that is elevating Sunrise to an entirely new level to serve even more seniors and their families here in the UK
Care Assistant positions are available in both our Assisted Living and Dementia care Units.
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- Bank Holidays - Double time payment for approved hours worked
- Company Sick Pay
- Pension - Employer contributions
- Life Insurance
- Career Development Training to recognised NVQ level in Health and Social care
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car Share Scheme
- Refer a friend Scheme
- Heart & Soul company recognition award
- Support & development and a great environment to work in
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job