My client is a leading global insurance and reinsurance company based in Birmingham. A growing force in the insurance world and always on the lookout for new talent, they are now looking for an Assistant Underwriter to join them where you will be responsible for providing support to the underwriting team whilst providing an excellent level of service to clients.
In providing comprehensive administrative support to the underwriting team, you will promote effective and efficient operation of the overall underwriting function.
- To be responsible for accurate and consistent transfer of account information from the appropriate Underwriter database into the central system
- To update information held within the central database ensuring accurate records are maintained
- To scan underwriting documents such as slips, cover notes and debit notes to allow for timely release of information
- To produce various correspondence of an underwriting and accounting nature as and when required under the supervision of relevant Underwriters
- To produce renewal lists for each Underwriter together with the weekly summary report for the Department Manager so that up-to-date account information may be retrieved from the system at any time
- To maintain the regional office's database of all business contacts
- To ensure an accurate supply of stationery is supplied to the department
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office application package (Words/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook)
- Team player, calm, flexible, organised, self-motivated, self-confident and have initiative
- Able to prioritise his/her workload
- Good telephone manner and able to interact and deal with people internally and externally, including persons with limited command of English in a confident and polite manner
- Commercial insurance background preferable
If you are interested in this great opportunity, please apply with an up to date CV detailing relevant experience.
Please visit the IDEX Consulting Ltd website for further opportunities. If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail within 2 working days of receiving your application. If your application is unsuccessful, the information supplied may still be retained for use in connection with future vacancies. Due to the overwhelming application response we receive through various sources, should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
- Commercial Insurance
- Assistant Underwriter
- Commercial Underwriter
- Insurance Underwriter
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job