A new exciting position has become available for an Assistant Underwriter to join a successful client based in West Malling.
You will be responsible for residential and commercial underwriting of legal indemnity risks.
The successful candidate work closely with Underwriters to assist in applying methodical thinking to provide an appropriate premium through accessing the risk posed with reference to company Underwriting Guide.
- Assisting the Underwriting team with administrative tasks.
- Underwriting and providing a reasonable premium based upon the risk involved.
- Drafting policy documents.
- Carrying out research tasks.
- Chasing quotations that are yet to be converted.
- Data entry on our in-house systems.
- Responding promptly & efficiently to all customers using various communication methods/systems including answering technical queries.
- Carry out all tasks in line with stipulated processes, procedures & authority limits.
- Work effectively with all stakeholders (including brokers and solicitors) to ensure risks are processed without undue delay.
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills, keen with enthusiasm and drive.
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Office/administrative experience preferably in underwriting or in a legal department.
- Flexible approach and ability to recognise and adapt to changing business requirements.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good organisation skills with ability to work to deadlines.
- Must be proactive and able to work within a team environment.
- Competent IT skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel (Intermediate) and PowerPoint.
- Previous underwriting experience is desirable
- Proven attention to detail.
- Ability to work within strict deadlines to ensure turnaround times are met.