Assistant Underwriter - Casualty Re
Avencia Consulting are currently recruiting on behalf of a Global Insurance & Reinsurance firm based in The City, who are looking for an Assistant Underwriter to join the Casualty Reinsurance team on a permanent basis.
To assist underwriters to underwrite business in accordance with the business plan with the purpose of underwriting a profitable account on behalf of the business.
- Ensure all business is thoroughly evaluated and rated, and support underwriters to write risks that support the team business plan
- Establish and develop relationships with, and provide an efficient service to, brokers and clients
- Take a hands on role in the reporting and data requirements of the Casualty London team including ensuring data quality, processing legacy adjustments and ongoing account administration
- Actively participate in the development and execution of the Departmental Business Plan
- Assist with developing and modifying Policy Wordings, Clauses and Exclusions as circumstances require and as directed by the team leader.
- Active liaison with other departments including claims, actuarial, operations and finance
- Be aware of and to comply with the FCA and adhere to all relevant guidelines and practices from Lloyd's and the business
- To act in accordance with and be an advocate for the business' Principals & Values.
- Participate and undertake applicable professional, technical and career development training (delivered internally and externally) to include attainment of associated qualifications where required
- Where applicable ensure company, market and client related documentation is issued (internally and externally) accurately and on time
- Comply with external and internal regulatory and statutory policies, procedures and regulations
- To undertake any other duties of a similar nature that the company reasonably requests to be performed that are within the expertise and skills of the jobholder. These may be subject to periodic review and any updates and changes to be introduced after consultation with the person concerned
Skills & experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to use own initiative within authorised parameters
- Able to deal effectively with a wide variety of people and settings
- Appetite to learn about Reinsurance and Casualty in particular
- Adaptable to change in a fluid commercial environment
- Comfortable working in a team environment
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'