Assistant Transport Manager with Freight Forwarding experience required to join a very busy organisation in West London. Due to the nature of the role, previous experience as an Assistant Transport Manager is essential.
Reporting to the Transport Manager and deputising for them in their absence, your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring compliance with Operator Licensing requirements.
- Ensuring drivers complete daily walk around vehicle checks, record any defects on their vehicles and that these are properly actioned for repair.
- Ensuring all vehicles are routed for PMI, service, MOT etc. as required by maintenance schedules, and keep planner up to date.
- Ensuring adequate driver cover.
- Carrying out spot checks at least once a week to ensure driver compliance in relation to carrying Digital Tachograph and Driver Qualification Cards.
- Reporting any vehicle damages and ensure proper completion of accident reports.
- Monitoring vehicle activities through Tracking System.
- Undertaking periodic checks with drivers on their progress.
- Ensuring checks are in place for loads safety.
Skills and experience;
- National CPC essential.
- Freight Forwarding experience essential
- International CPC advantageous
- Knowledge of EU Drivers hours regulations.
- Experience of using transport planning software.
- Experience with vehicle tracking systems.
- PC literate, competent in use of MS office.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to develop and maintain positive working relationships at all levels.
If you are an Assistant Transport Manager seeking career progression and used to working within a fast moving transport and logistics business, please apply below.
- National CPC
- CPC National
- Freight Transportation
- Freight Forwarding
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'