Position: Assistant Transport Manager - Freight
Industry: Freight Forwarding
Salary: £30,000 - £33,000
Work hours: Mon - Fri 09:00 - 17:30 (37.5 hours week)
A highly successful and well established freight forwarding company based in Heathrow is seeking to appoint an experienced Assistant Transport Manager who will be responsible for the management of 20+ drivers.
This company offers a wide range of multi modal freight forwarding services, mainly to the retail, automotive and aerospace industry verticals.
The ideal candidate for this opportunity will possess excellent management skills with strong experience in the freight forwarding sector. A National or International CPC is essential for this position.
Daily Duties Include:
- To closely assist, support and liaise with the Transport Operations Manager in all aspects of Transport including;
- To deputise in the absence of the Manager
- Assisting in completing management reports, reviews and budget control
- Assist in conducting CPC reviews of other sites/ branches
- Identify areas for change or improvement for discussion with the Transport Operations Manager
- Maintain effective and regular communication channels with Department Managers and Branch/ Site Managers
- Assist in the Continuous Review and ongoing training of Transport staff
- Assist in Health and Safety and Compliance of the department
- ISO involvement
- Ensure Security compliance
- Any other reasonable tasks as requested/ delegated by the Transport Operations Manager
- Previous managerial/ supervisory experience within a transport department
- Knowledge of the Freight forwarding industry
- Effective communicator and be able to build good working relationships with other sites, Departmental Managers and Transport Department and customers
- Valid Level D Aviation Security qualification
- Knowledge of DOT Regulations (ideally CPC Qualified but not essential)
- PC literate, Windows Word, Excel and ideally knowledge of AS400
If you believe that you are suitable for this position and would like to find out more, please do not hesitate to apply.
Should your application be successful, you will be contacted within 5 working days for a confidential discussion regarding this position to further establish your suitability. Unfortunately we are unable to respond to all applicants due to the high volume of total applications received.
Mode 3 Executive Search Ltd is an independent recruitment consultancy providing specialist talent finding services. Principally we operate within Supply Chain & Logistics, Freight Forwarding, Shipping and the wider Global Transportation markets. We are always keen to connect with talented individuals working in Freight Forwarding, Freight Management, Import Freight, Export Freight, Sea Freight, Air Freight, Road Freight, Project Freight Forwarding, Supply Chain, International Logistics, Shipping, International Removals and International Relocation Management.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job