Objective of the role
To maintain and support all diagnostic, communication, testing and support equipment supplied to our roadside technicians.
To respond promptly to any technical issues with the equipment ensuring that any downtime is kept to a minimum and all relevant parties are kept fully informed of the situation and the action required.
35 Hours per week Monday to Friday. Due to the nature of this position hours will vary in line with business needs.
- To asset tag and log the diagnostic, communication, test and support equipment ensuring that at all times the database is accurate and kept up to date.
- To liaise with the appropriate Brand or Manufacturer to ensure an up to date working relationship and knowledge of their individual support, warranty and repair programmes is maintained.
- To administer the allocation, maintenance and repair of technicians’ diagnostic equipment.
- To maintain accurate stock records, updating the stock as received and despatched, completing quarterly audits and reporting to Technical Diagnostic Executive any discrepancies.
- To identify and provide solutions to reduce costs.
- To liaise with the relevant Technician Manager, Team Manager, Technical Co-ordinators and Technical Trainers to ensure that all parties are fully aware of the status of the diagnostic equipment and report on any technical or damage issues that arise with the equipment.
- To ensure that all updates to software and equipment are tested, completed and supplied to the operational team within the agreed timescales.
- To ensure that all new information relating to diagnostic and test equipment is communicated to technicians in a timely manner.
- To provide a "help desk" service to technicians requesting assistance with the equipment and resolving it wherever possible on the telephone.
Education & Qualifications
- Good standard of general education
- GCSE or equivalent in Mathematics and English
- Basic or conceptual knowledge of
- Windows 7 / 10
- Internet / Intranet
- Ms Office Word / Excel
- Helpdesk experience
- Strong administration and organisational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Aptitude / Personality
- Flexible and adaptable to changing situations
- Strong problem solving skills
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'