- To manage specific staff, cases and pieces of work as delegated by Team Manager
- To supervise complex assessments and care planning for children and develop and monitor care plans
- To ensure that assessments, plans and reviews are undertaken for all children, and carers as relevant, in supervision area, within timescales
- To ensure that good quality reports are prepared and presented in a timely fashion
- To supervise assessments of likely and actual harm to children, and take appropriate action to ensure their safety
- To ensure that children and their families/carers are seen and consulted on all aspects of the assessment and planning process
- To undertake casework where in exceptional circumstances this is required by the Team Manager
- To ensure that all work with children and their families is carried out in accordance with statutory regulation and guidance
- To ensure that optimum outcomes achieved for all children in service area.
- To ensure that electronic case records are accurate and up to date
- To ensure that statistical and other information is recorded and provided as required for the purposes of planning development and performance monitoring
- To advise line manager of casework issues in line with departmental delegated powers and supervisory responsibility
- To participate as required in duty management to ensure that appropriate cover available at all times
- To recruit, induct , manage and develop staff within area of responsibility
- To provide regular and recorded supervision and staff appraisal for delegated members of staff in accordance with departmental guidelines and requirements
- To ensure the training and development needs of staff are met
- To ensure that performance issues are dealt with in accordance with personnel policies and procedures
- To provide expert guidance and advice to staff, to include attendance with them at relevant meetings, panels, Court, as appropriate to their skills and experience
- To represent the team, or line manager, at relevant internal and external meetings as required
- To agree allocation of sec 17 and other relevant financial expenditure as delegated by line manager
- To ensure that care and other plans are delivered in a way that delivers best value for money
- To chair statutory reviews of looked after children, children in need reviews and other planning meetings as delegated by line manager
- To contribute to children service development and improvement, including development of team action plan
- To keep up to date with relevant legislation and guidance
- To lead on projects/programmes as required forChildren’s Services .
- To contribute as required to the development and delivery of training programmes
- To undertake initial investigations into complaints
- To ensure appropriate risk assessments are undertaken and that Health& Safety procedures are followed.
- To carry out all duties in accordance with the Borough’s Equalities and Diversity policy and all other Borough and departmental policies and procedures.
- To undertake such additional duties as are reasonable within the responsibilities of the post and which the line manager may require, including working from different location and within flexible hours
Contacts and Relationships:
- To work effectively service area and others within People Directorate, other agencies as appropriate
- Children’s Guardians
- Independent Solicitors
- In House Legal representatives
- Other Local Authority Social Services and Legal Personnel
- Services for Adults eg, substance misuse, Mental health, Learning Disabilities
- Independent assessors/witnesses
To develop effective working relationships with service providers, to include monitoring Service level agreements as appropriate Independent Mother & Baby Assessment Units, Agencies suppliers of locum social workers, Independent witnesses/assessors, Foster carers and Residential workers/Units.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job