Previous work experience working in any insurance/reinsurance company/underwriter/broker/MGA, or the insurance branch of an accounting practice is essentialfor this role.
This is an exciting opportunity for an accountant who is currently studying for their AACA/ACA/CIMA qualification. The role is with a leading, global Lloyd's insurance speciality based in the City. This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the leading Lloyd's underwriters, getting involved in a company that operates within a £30billion industry.
This role will be responsible for:
- Syndicate ledgers and ensuring the accuracy of numbers and accounting treatment;
- Production of quarterly analytical review and commentary of syndicate;
- Production of annual and quarterly syndicate regulatory returns (QMA/B's; SRD Returns; Annual NAIC; and F&P returns);
- Year-end statutory accounts under UK GAAP/IFRS;
- Assisting other departments in understanding financial information; and
- Ad hoc duties and projects when required.
Applicants must be studying their ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualification. This role is only suitable for candidates who are looking for further career progression within an insurance/reinsurance company, or candidates who are looking for move from an accounting practice. Ideally, candidates will also have achieved a 2:1 degree in Accounting and Finance or related degree but this is not essential.
The organisation has a great track record of developing their staff and this is an ideal time to join their dynamic and growing Finance Team. This opportunity will also provide excellent scope for professional development as study support is provided.
- Part Qualified Accountant