Assistant Support Worker - Housing Management
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding role where you are able to empower people every day to develop their skills and move towards independence? Do you enjoy working in an environment where every day is different to the next? Then this could be the role for you.
You will be working as part of a team to provide a quality housing support service to our homeless clients within the hostel and resettlement services. As part of the team you will be included on a six week rolling rota that includes shift work and working every third weekend the hours will be between 06:45 and 19:30.
You will love helping others and enjoy supporting individuals to achieve their goals and to become more independent. Your positive attitude towards your work and others will help to contribute to a great working environment. You will have a calm and personable manner and be able to handle potentially difficult situations.
Day in the life of an Assistant Support worker:
- You will support clients by prompting and helping them to attend tenancy related appointments and assist with everyday tenancy related tasks
- You will encourage a proactive approach to rent payment, managing arrears and maximising income
- Work within the support team to maintain a welcoming, safe environment, identifying and minimising potential risks to users of the premises, the organisation and its property
- Work with external partners to limit outside reasons for arrears accrual
- Support clients to maintain their accommodation through payment of relevant charges and collect rent when necessary
- Empower clients to achieve the outcomes they identify as desirable for independent living including involvement in practical tasks within the hostel such as basic maintenance/ room decoration
- Support the housing management worker and administrator with keeping accurate logs of service property
- Help to maintain a welcoming, safe environment, identifying and minimising all potential risks to users of the premises and the organisation and property
- Maintain client records using relevant systems to a good standard
- Work in accordance with the Health and Safety regulations and all policies and procedures
- Attend supervision, appraisal, training and meetings as directed which may be outside your normal working pattern
- Any other reasonable task as requested by a member of staff
We are a homeless housing association, offering supported accommodation in Hampshire, Berkshire and West Sussex for those who are homeless, vulnerable or in need of support. We will provide you with a full and enjoyable training plan from the beginning of your journey with us. We are committed to ensuring that you have the tools and the knowledge necessary to do your job effectively.
Choice & Control - We help clients make better life choices putting them in control of their futures.
Openness & Honesty- We positively welcome people with a background of homelessness and value applications of lived experience of homelessness or of accessing support services. Once successful for this role, you will need to provide an enhanced disclosure and barring service check.
Equality & Diversity -We are an inclusive organisation, a diverse team of individuals working together to provide a better future for those in need. We do not discriminate against any individual on the basis of race, colour, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or social background.
Attributes & Values
Previous experience in this type of work is not essential but you will have a real passion for wanting to work with homeless people. Your values will match ours, you will be committed to helping others and enjoy the real job satisfaction that this brings.
- Clear verbal and written English
- Good IT and keyboard skills
- Polite, assertive manner, ability to self -motivate
- Passion for working in a client/customer facing role
- Knowledge of the benefits system and tenancy legislation
- Have an interest and genuine concern for homelessness and related issues
- Knowledge of voluntary and statutory agencies
Salary £17,432 progressing to £19,368
Closing date Sunday 24th November 2019
All applications must be made directly via the Two Saints website
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'