Assistant Support Worker - Southampton
Salary: £17,432 rising to £19,368 per annum FTE
The actual salary based on a 42 hour working week is £19,787 rising to £21,985 per annum
As Assistant Support Worker your role will be:
- To work as part of a team to provide a client support service within the hostel
- To work in accordance with the objectives of the organisation which are "to provide accommodation for single people in need, and to reduce social exclusion by providing opportunities for resettlement, within an environment that encourages dignity, stability, confidence and self-worth."
Main duties will include:
- Perform regular checks as directed to ensure client’s health, safety and welfare referring issues to their key worker
- Assist with practical skill development such as budgeting, shopping, cooking, housework, laundry, health & hygiene
- Accompany clients to appointments and provide advocacy where appropriate
- Perform essential housekeeping activities and provide light meals as required
- Carry out room clearance which may include changing bed linen, completing laundry and other cleaning tasks
- Carry out reception duties controlling the entry and exit of clients and visitors, answering the telephone, taking deliveries etc.
- Report any building defects or health & safety risks
- Maintain clean and tidy communal areas
- Maintain client records using relevant systems, to a good standard
- Contribute to the achievement of quality standards and key performance indicator measures
- Work in accordance with Health and Safety regulations and all policies and procedures
- Attend supervision, appraisal, training and meetings as directed which may be outside your normal working pattern
- Any other reasonable task as requested by a member of the support staff
The ideal candidate for this Assistant Support Worker role will have the following essential criteria:
Good basic education
Good verbal and written communication, clear spoken English
Good IT and keyboard skills
Polite, assertive manner
Experience of working in a client/customer facing role
Understanding of homelessness and related issues
Experience of liaison with voluntary and statutory agencies
Closing Date: 17th November 2019
Applications must be made directly via the Two Saints website
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'