Assistant Store Manager
eSift are currently looking for an ambitious and experienced Assistant Retail Manager to work for our client, one of the UK’s largest women’s value retailers who focus on selling affordable, stylish, premium quality clothing and accessories in a wide range of sizes via their own store portfolio, website, mail order catalogues and through the Ideal World TV shopping channel.
· Location: Fareham, Portsmouth
· Salary: £18,500 - £19,500 per annum depending on experience
· Hours: 37.5 hours per week
The position of Assistant Manager involves; proactively supporting the Store Manager in maximising sales through promoting excellent customer service, creating a culture which puts the customer first, ensuring high retail standards are implemented and maintained in order to maximise profits and supporting the development of Sales Colleagues and Supervisor and in the absence of the Store Manager be accountable for the efficient operation of the store.
You will be providing clear communication and direction, ensuring the team is motivated and aware of the Retail Strategy, creating opportunities for development and succession through regular on the job training and ensuring the team is multi-skilled, personal development plans are kept live and objectives are set and reviewed.
You will also be responsible for carrying out merchandising, arranging events within the local community alongside the Store Manager and taking control of stock management and driving in-store promotions and sales targets within the team.
To be successful in this position you will have/be;
· 1-3 years Assistant Management experience is preferable, however supervisory experience with a high level of management responsibilities will also be considered
· Exposure to the Fashion industry is preferable, however any retail experience with a high level of customer service will be considered
· Knowledge of selling skills and how to provide excellent customer service
· A good track record in meeting sales targets
· Knowledge of stock control procedures, general administration required in a retail environment and what constitutes good retail standards
· Experience in visual merchandising
· Time management and prioritizing skills
· Coaching and development skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an innovative and award winning high growth business.
eSift have been appointed as the resource partner and we are managing this role on behalf of our client. To apply for this position please click on the “apply now” button below. Your CV will then be held on our central database, if for any reason you do not wish us to retain your details please contact us via
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job