Assistant Store Manager - Tring
£18,500 to £23,000 & great benefits
We do things differently at the Co-op. We're not owned by 1 person or a board of executives, over 4.5million active members contribute to the running and development of our business. We've gone through a lot of positive change over the last few years; we've rebranded, relaunched membership and we're exploring more ways to do business that's better for our members, customers and communities. Through our membership scheme, we've given back over £9million to over 4000 causes across the UK in just 6 months. And it won't stop there. We project over £100million will go back to members and communities by the end of 2018. We're investing £200million in our estate this year by opening 105 new stores and refitting a further 230. It truly is an amazing time to join us as an assistant store manager.
In this role, you'll be working alongside your store manager to provide a consistently great customer experience in store. We'll look for you to make sure our colleagues fully understand what good customer service looks like, and the impact that poor service has on our business. As a manager, it'll be your responsibility to formulate a plan to involve the store in the local community, and actively lead your team to increase membership engagement. Above all, you'll be a role model to the team by taking pride in the way we present, handle and discuss our food with members and customers.
What you'll do:
- develop a strong working relationship with the store manager
- mentor and coach your team to deliver fantastic customer service in store
- create a great working environment for your team
- build strong links with the local community, and other nearby Co-op businesses
- lead the team to increase membership sign ups and engagement
- be a role model to your team to take pride in preparing, handling and presenting our food
- create a store environment that is safe and secure, for colleagues and our customers
- react quickly and positively to changing priorities in store
- alongside the store manager, look into new ways to increase sales, and improve store performance
- deputise for the store manager in their absence
To get going quickly, we'll need you to be a confident and engaging leader, with a consistent record of developing and leading teams of various sizes and ability. Community is a huge focus for us at the Co-op. So we'll look for you to understand the importance of building relationships and supporting your local community. You'll also have examples of where you've helped to increase business performance.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- you've got previous experience as a supervisor or manager, preferably within retail or hospitality
- you've previously managed teams of various sizes and ability
- you enjoy working with your local community and understand the reasons for doing this
- you've previously helped to improve business performance
- you enjoy working shoulder to shoulder with your colleagues on the shop floor
- you can effectively manage changing and often conflicting priorities
173 years ago a group of pioneers in Rochdale came up with an idea that changed the world. They believed that when people work together, they're stronger. And when you join the Co-op, you'll become part of an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You'll also get a competitive salary, great benefits and discounts on all kinds of products and services, and an amazing pension too. We want to change the world all over again. Join us, and help to rebuild an iconic British brand.
We're committed to promoting equality and preventing discrimination at work. We know that simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We're looking to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can devote their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and we recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve. We're actively building diverse, inclusive teams, and we welcome applications from all people.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job