Assistant Store Manager - Shrewsbury
Package: £20k - 24k + 20% bonus and pension
My Client is a times top 25 employer with a culture focused on retention and development of staff. They strive to make the working environment fun, with a big focus on customer service to assist with the customer journey in store. There are a variety of progression opportunities with majority of Store Managers being progressed internally from the shop floor and up.
Assistant Manager - As an Assistant Manager you will support the Store Manager in leading, developing and managing store colleagues (30-50 staff). This role is crucial and covers a broad remit that includes:
- Raising the level of exceptional customer service
- Sales floor management
- Planning day to day duties and rotas
- Ensuring that the site delivers excellent services and achieve weekly store targets
- This role is focused on progression planning of staff, developing product knowledge and skills of your store colleagues, as well as driving a positive atmosphere in store
Assistant Managers also run the store in the absence of the Store Manager. The role also has a lot of opportunities to go on courses within the business, working with the Regional Manager and GM to add to your CV and own personal development.
- You will be driven to succeed with a real focus on customer service and soft sales.
- You will have demonstrable evidence of training and developing staff and driving service and operations standards to improve your site.
- Ideally from a large retail site at a team leader or Assistant/Deputy level, focusing on customer interaction and driving a positive culture on the shop floor.
- A people person is ideal with a commercial head on your shoulders.
- Customer Service
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job