Job Title: Assistant Store Manager (Retail)
Salary: up to £40,980
Hours: 45 hours per week, across 5 days out of 7, between 6am-10pm
We are proud to be recruiting for one of the UK's largest supermarket chains, renowned for its commitment to quality products and outstanding customer experiences.
To assist the Store Manager in providing the best possible shopping experience by exceeding customers' expectations and offering uniquely engaging customer service.
- 20 days annual leave + bank holidays (increasing to 25 days after 2 years' service)
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Free parking
- Long service rewards
Key responsibilities within your new role would be to:
- Motivate employees, encourage excellent performance and ensure high levels of staff retention.
- Be the point of contact for the Store Assistants, Stock Assistants, Caretakers and Cleaners.
- Authorise duties of employees.
- Authorise the working hours, time off and breaks, as well as overtime if required.
- Authorise voids and refunds according to company procedures.
- Determine the reduced prices for last units of special products on sale.
- Assist the Area Manager with recommendations for references for employees in their area of responsibility.
- Assist the Area Manager with feedback on products.
- Inform the Area Manager of essential repairs to ensure a safe running of the store. In cases where safety cannot be guaranteed you will be authorised to close the store for a limited period of time.
- Inform the Area Manager about each visit of an authority.
- Inform the Area Manager in case of products that are obviously not complying with Health & Safety or internal standards or specifications.
- Connect with customers and colleagues at every opportunity.
- Ensure colleagues have knowledge of the product range and store layout.
- Deal with customer complaints by listening and empathising before providing a suitable response.
- Enable customers to shop with ease by ensuring colleagues do not leave unattended obstructions in aisles.
- Ensure cleaning duties are undertaken as required in all areas of the store.
- Maximise product availability by ensuring colleagues always act upon off-sales immediately.
- Carry out spot checks on product quality, removing any products that are not suitable for sale.
- Be responsible for the correct storage and display of all products.
- Be responsible for stock rotation and decide if all goods in the store are complying with Health & Safety and Due Diligence regulations.
- Supervise queues to ensure that every customer can immediately load at least one item onto the till belt.
- Control stock accuracy of the till operation and review cashiers till efficiency when cashing off.
- Check purchases of employees and signs the till receipts.
- Control the cashing up of the tills, manage deposits into the safe and hand over the cash bags to the security company.
- Be responsible for the training / development of employees.
- Issue payslips and travel expenses.
- Review forecasted sales and schedule hours to meet Operational Efficiency targets.
- Review and submit the cash sheet, finalises employee hours at month end, reviews and finalises store memos.
- Control the implementation of Yellow Security instructions.
- Be a registered key holder with responsibility to attend alarm callouts.
- Be responsible for the correct use and data update / maintenance of the store till system / PC.
- Be responsible for maintaining accurate Point of Sale material.
- Be responsible for holding a personal licence.
- Implement all Health & Safety and Due Diligence measures in their area of responsibility.
- Complete accident reports, and if required and inform the Area Manager.
- Ensure with technical and electrical equipment (i.e. lifts, scissor lifts, etc.) that the necessary service checks are carried out and keep record of the relevant paperwork.
- Take samples when instructed by Environmental Health Officers and forward them immediately to the regional office.
- Work in accordance with the Company Code of Conduct and principles of our Corporate Responsibility policy
Experience and skills required for this position:
- Previous experience in supermarket management.
- Strong leadership skills with a track record of motivating teams and achieving targets.
- Exceptional customer service skills with a genuine passion for meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities to build positive relationships with customers and team members.
- Sound understanding of merchandising, inventory management and retail operations.
- Flexibility to work varied shifts, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
If this sounds like the ideal position for you and you have the experience outlined above, then please apply and you will be contacted by a member of our team if your CV matches our requirements.
If you would like any further information before applying, then please call Ellie (Permanent Consultant) on .
Alternatively, if you know someone who may be suitable for this role please share the details, if you successfully refer a friend you will receive a £50 voucher *terms apply*.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'