Assistant Store Manager - Fresh Food Retailer
Up to 32K + 10% London Waiting
North London & Surrounding Stores
If you have a fresh outlook, customer focus and the appetite for a fresh challenge matched by the desire to learn and succeed, then this is the opportunity for you. The structured training will give you responsibility from day one, and help develop your commercial know-how through hands on operational experience.
What will you do?
- Support the Store Manager and team in all aspects of your store’s day-to-day operations
- Champion the freshness and stock rotation principles
- Lead, support and motivate the store team to hit performance targets and maintain the exceptional standards of customer service
- Help the Store Manager with certain Human Resources activities such as training and development
- Ensure the customers always get what they come for, whether it’s through effective ordering, stock management or something equally important
- Be responsible for managing cash and other daily administrative tasks
- Ensure the store is clean, both on the shop floor and behind the scenes
- Keep the store clear and ensure any potential hazards are dealt with quickly and efficiently
(Please note - Should you apply for this vacancy you will be considered for various opportunities within the area and not a specific store).
What will you need?
- A practical, hands-on approach
- Natural leadership skills and the ability to motivate and support the development of the whole store team
- The willingness to go the extra mile for the customers
- Excellent people skills
- A high degree of professionalism, especially when handling difficult situations
- A proactive approach to solving problems, and the ability to deal with any issue
- The flexibility to work varying shift patterns
- A passion for working in a fast-paced, varied environment, hitting targets and meeting deadlines
- Preferably, previous retail management experience
What do they offer?
- £24,360 with the potential to earn up to £35,000*
- 30 days holiday per annum (pro rata, including Bank Holidays), rising to 35 days after 2 years
- A contributory pension scheme
- 10% discount on all products, in all stores throughout the UK
- Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Brilliant opportunities to take on more responsibility and progression to Store Manager level (and beyond!)
- Stock Management
- People Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job