Grab your basket there’s a lot more in store for you
We are recruiting for an Assistant Store Manager Designate to deliver against KPIs in a challenging retail environment. For the first 8 – 12 weeks, you will be required to support several stores within the area, and then you will be placed into a base store. You will naturally support the Store Manager in leading the store team to deliver excellent store standards and provide amazing service to our customers every day.
You’ll always be ready to adapt to change, learn new things and get your team excited to execute the retail plan. You’ll be the face of the store and your local community, and despite the many tasks you’re responsible for every day, you’ll never be too busy for our customers.
.What you'll be doing as an Assistant Store Manager Designate...
- Travel between stores to provide additional support and cover
- Working with the Store Manager to drive incremental sales through consistent focus on merchandising, standards and the corporate footprint
- Use your organisational and planning skills to support the management of the stores’ people-related activities, i.e. training, induction, recruitment and people management
- Drives fun and friendly customer service at the till point and throughout the shop floor.
- Driving licence and access to a vehicle or have good public transport links
- Success in leading and managing operational teams
- Experience in delivering sales and inventory targets within a dynamic retail environment
- Understand the importance of exceeding sales targets and meeting budgets, management and customer service experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with customers and colleagues.
- A team player, hands-on manager who is self-motivated and resilient, and deals with challenges with a positive and proactive outlook
- To be computer literate with a basic level of Excel.
- Competitive salary
- Potential to earn uncapped bonus
- An eight-week induction programme
- Continuous Learning and Development opportunities
- Career Progression
- Extensive range of discounts at national and local retailers
- Life assurance
Since opening its first store in Burton-upon-Trent in 1990, Poundland & Dealz, has built a network of over 850 stores in the UK and the Republic of Ireland, offering top brands and great quality own brand products that provide customers with amazing value every day.
Poundland & Dealz offers thousands of quality products in store with over 1,000 well-known brands in 17 shopping categories including food and drink, health and beauty, household, gardening, DIY, pet, stationery, books, DVDs and toys. It is on a journey from a single price to a simple price point retailer. While the majority of items in its stores are at its original £1 price point, it is extending ranges above and below £1 that also offer amazing value.
Now part of Pepco Group with over 2,500 stores across Europe, Poundland also trades internationally in the Republic of Ireland through its Dealz brand. Dealz has a growing store base in both Poland and Spain.
Within the UK Poundland has also rolled out its fashion brand PEP&CO to approximately 300 of its larger stores. PEP&CO, launched in 2015 as a standalone brand, offers customers a full range of women’s, men’s and kids’ fashion and is now bringing new style to Poundland with simple low pricing on family fashion that’s hard to find on local high streets.
PEP&CO was also nominated in the 2019 Retail Week Awards as Private Label of The Year.
Sounds like you? apply today!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'