My Client is a business with a fantastic reputation with regards to internal culture and customer service. They are excellent at allowing their managers autonomy to run their sites like their own business and expect this culture of accountability to be in each store.
They have 90 retail units and are growing with a really secure customer base and fantastic training.
As Assistant Store Manager you will be in charge of the following:
- Helping to run a site with up to 50 staff in large big box single site.
- Providing inspirational leadership, always leading by example, recognizing talent and appreciate your team’s hard work.
- Building high performing teams by coaching and providing on the job training, you recognise that your team is your biggest asset and their development is paramount.
- Having a clear robust succession plan for your team.
- Building great working relationships with your team and individuals are treated fairly and with respect.
- Inspiring leader you ensure your team deliver outstanding customer service, you put the customer at the heart of everything you do.
- Thriving in a fast paced ever-changing environment.
- Having the flexibility to recognize change and approach it in a positive, proactive way
- Ensuring that performance is addressed either with recognition for outstanding results or by providing support and development plans where needed to improve performance.
- Having great planning skills and can plan ahead as well as plan for the day-to-day activities. You use appropriate information to deliver results, and you coach others to do the same.
- Making commercial decisions that improve KPI performance for your store. You are a clear communicator your team understand what is happening in the company.
- Delivering excellent standards your team are clear on what good looks like and how to achieve it.
- Ensuring all appropriate legislation is adhered to at all time by ensuring compliance with company policy and Health & Safety regulations.
- You will have autonomy to merchandise and order stock in relation to customer trends.
You should be ambitious and committed to developing and delivering the best retail standards and experience to your customers and colleagues:
- You must have retail management experience in preferably large store format of any product (food, non-food, fashion, DIY) basically any big-box store environment
- You will be a hands on operator, not scared to get involved in the day to day operations of your Stores in order to role model what good looks like, and to set the benchmarks for what is expected within the store
- Strong effective communicator, with strong leadership qualities is an absolute must
- Focused on developing staff and customer relationships
- Have a management style that gives staff autonomy
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job