My client, a chemical manufacturer and supplier of products on a global basis, is currently looking for an Assistant Site Manager. Reporting directly to the Site Manager, the role holder will be responsible for managing the daily operation and maintenance of the site's various processes and assisting the Site Manager in key areas such as budget control, project realisation, continuous improvement, business expansion and regulatory compliance. The role holder will also deputise in full for the Site Manager during holidays and absence periods.
The following attributes, skills and experience would be preferential:-
- Proven experience of line management/supervision.
- Operational experience of continuous and batch chemical processes.
- Experience of managing operations to regulatory compliance such as COMAH & EPR/PPC.
- Proven cost control, efficiency improvements and project planning.
- Appreciation of engineering standards and practices.
- Provide strong leadership and logical problem solving skills.
- Flexible with the ability to work in a high hazard and high pressure environment.
- Education to HNC level or above preferred but not essential.
This would ideally suit someone from a food or chemical processing background.
Salary: £35-£40K dependent on experience
Working hours: 45 hours per week Mon-Fri on a rota basis with other leaders (start/finish times to be negotiated)
- Cost Management
- Line Management
- Production Processes