A new Assistant Site Manager position has just arrived in Kent!
- Location: Canterbury, Kent
- Contract type: Freelance
- Start date: February 2018
- Duration: 6 months
- Salary/Rate: £16-£22 per hour (dependant upon experience)
- Randstad CPE contact: Matt Jasper at the Maidstone branch
One of UK's leading provider of new homes with a large land bank in the South East they currently have 10 developments underway in Kent with planning for a further 8 to go live within the next 12 months.
A new build development of detached houses, townhouses, terraced and 2x 4 storey apartment blocks. The scheme is currently at varying stages of the production process (1st lift through to finishes) with CMLs being carried out weekly.
As one of 2 Assistant Site Managers you will be responsible for managing predominantly internal works subcontract packages but will also be required to manage structural packages during periods of holiday. Your role will include but not be limited to:
- Reporting directly to a Senior Site Manager.
- Manage resources of the project to maximise output and deliver to programme.
- Control subcontract packages.
- Health & safety management and promotion in line with the company policies and procedures.
- Regularly review with the team progress against programme.
- Attend subcontractor site progress meetings.
- Customer liaison which will include assisting with home demonstrations, customer care and general point of contact for occupied plots.
- Create and maintain accurate site reports.
- Quality inspections and ensure contractors are issued with lists of defects to be completed in preparation for CML and occupations.
- Thoroughly inspect and snag each plot prior to key stage inspection carried out by the NHBC.
- Assist the Site Manager to review and approve risk assessments and method statements for all operations.
- Carry out pre occupation checks on all properties prior to handover.
- Action remedial items raised at home demonstrations.
- Conduct regular checks to ensure construction methods and timescales are correct and take corrective action if the site is not compliant.
- Maintain the highest standard of site presentation at all times.
- You will have gained circa 2+ years experience, ideally working for a developer.
- Have the correct CITB and First Aid qualifications for the position.
- Be able to control subcontract packages.
- Good level of IT literacy in Microsoft Office packages.
- Recent and relevant experience.
- Strong organisational skills with proven time management skills.
What you will get in return:
- A very competitive day rate.
- Opportunity for further contracts across the Kent region.
- Access to a host of training course through Randstad CPE.
- The chance to work on a well resourced project.
What to do next:
If you feel this role meets your expectations please click apply and upload your latest cv. If you are seeking a new role in the future please feel free to contact Randstad CPE's Maidstone branch for a confidential discussion where we can provide advice, assistance with training and update you on our latest vacancies.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job