Are you an experienced Logistics, Warehouse, Landfill or Operations Team Leader looking to take on a new challenge? If so Viridor are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit an Assistant Shift Team Leader for our team in Glasgow, working 42.5 hours a week.
In return for your hard work as our Assistant Shift Team Leader, we can offer a salary of £37,314 per annum plus Shift allowance of £5,125 per annum and excellent benefits, including:
- A free helpline for health, legal or personal issues available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Free eye tests and prescription and safety eyewear where required.
- A contributory pension scheme - helping you plan for later in life.
- Childcare vouchers, payroll giving (charity donations from salary deducted before tax) and cycle to work schemes are all available through Viridor Extras,
- Discounts on local gym membership and some of the biggest retail brands
The ideal Assistant Shift Team Leader:
- Good understanding of the Management of Industrial processes.
- Process or Power Plant experience.
- Experience in safe systems of work, issuing Permits To Work / safety documentation and systems.
- Good understand of environmental and health & safety regulations within a process or power industry
- Excellent communication skills are required at all levels; both verbally and written.
- Ability to carry out team briefings, participate in detailed shift handovers and write concise reports
Assistant Shift Team Leader Responsibilities include:
- Oversee control room activities as well as supporting and coaching the Shift Technicians in the Operation for the Glasgow RREC (GRREC) Facility.
- Coordinate the operational resources around the GRREC Facility.
- Coordinate deliveries and collections from GRREC and ensure that resources are available for unloading and loading.
- In the absence of the Shift Team Leader, supervise and provide direction to the shift team
- In the absence of Shift Technicians, operate, monitor and optimise the processes via the DCS.
- Assist in the planning, implementation and monitoring of systems and processes through good practice to maximise the process and ensuring health, safety and environmental compliance on a 24 hour shift system.
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, APPLY now for the role of Assistant Shift Team Leader.
Closing Date: 18th March 2018
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job