Role Assistant Scientist
Location York YO41 1LZ
About the role:
We are seeking Assistant Scientists to join our organisation on a full time permanent basis. As an assistant analytical chemist, you will be responsible for the preparation and extraction of samples for analysis of chemical residues/contaminants in food and feed stuffs. The team works closely with the other research teams in the programme and staff may be expected to redeploy according to changing work demands. Please note, this role may require long periods of standing.
What you will do:
- Prepare samples ready for analysis using established techniques according to standard operating procedures
- Extract and clean-up samples in preparation for analysis
- Be aware of and follow the appropriate quality assurance and safety procedures
- Support sample prep during busy periods
- Log samples onto the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and prepare samples when required
Your experience will include:
- Practical IT experience, Microsoft Office packages such as Word and Excel
- Previously laboratory experience, preferably within an environment of analytical chemistry
- Ability to keep clear written records
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions efficiently
- Self-motivated and have an ability to develop good working relationships
- A methodical approach to work and attention to detail
About FERA Science Ltd
Fera is a joint venture partnership between Capita and Defra, working proactively to improve global food security, sustainability and safety. As a national and international centre of excellence for interdisciplinary investigation and problem solving, we work on plant and bee health, crop protection, sustainable agriculture, food and feed quality and chemical safety in the environment. Join our ambitious team here and you'll help respond to the most pressing challenges in the industry.
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply - you can contact for guidance.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
| Become a Change Maker |
<img src="http://maps/api/staticmap?center=YO411LZ&zoom=14&size=200x200&maptype=roadmap&markers=YO411LZ&color:ORANGE|label:A|&sensor=false&key=AIzaSyA1avTFqfXs_sttGUBwjK6mTjic1Y-zg2I" align="left" />
Capita Resourcing operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'