We are responsible for operating, maintaining and improving England's motorways and major A roads. Consider that a third of all traffic, two thirds of heavy goods vehicles, and 98% of UK businesses rely on them, and you can see why our roads, and what we do, matters so much.
It's an exciting time to begin a career with Highways England as we invest £11 billion in our motorways and A Roads boosting capacity, tackling congestion and improving safety which why we're so grateful to our c 4,500 employees around the country. When you work with us, you're helping to connect communities, sustain business and support the economy. And with responsibility for major projects, working here is also a great move for your career.
The Smart Motorways Programme has been set up to deliver technology driven solutions on the nation's motorway network in order to tackle congestion, improve journeys and add much needed capacity on key parts of the network. This currently involves the conversion of the existing hard shoulder to a running lane but also looks forward to developing and implementing improved stopped vehicle detection systems, improved traffic flow management and improved construction methods to deliver benefits quicker.
Provide the Programme Risk Management team and Director of Programme Management Office with a programme-level risk support function, contributing to the development and delivery of a high-quality risk management service.
Day to Day:
- In conjunction with the Head of Risk and Change Management, manage the programme risk register and associated reporting, ensuring that monthly project risk register submissions are received on time and uploaded to Mission Control and other relevant risk systems/platforms, and producing accurate and timely reports.
- Produce timely, high-quality analyses of risk-based data, to support the Programme Risk Management team in the monitoring and reporting of risk performance, and in the identification of issues.
- Review Project Control Framework risk management products for projects within the Programme, to ensure that they meet or exceed specified quality standards.
- Manage the Major Projects Risk inbox, to ensure that incoming documents and other information are distributed to relevant stakeholders and filed appropriately, and that queries are prioritised and acted on.
- Support the roll out and implementation of corporate and Programme-specific risk management systems, tools and management processes across the Programme and constituent projects, responding to stakeholder queries and escalating these to senior colleagues where necessary.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of Programme risk objectives, carrying out assigned work under the guidance of senior colleagues to identify issues and solutions, and to deliver strategic risk-based interventions
- Experience of working in a programme and project environment.
- Experience in developing and implementing risk management in a programme of works.
- Experience of capturing and analysing risk management data.
- Experience of building relationships with different stakeholders.
- Relevant risk and/or project management qualifications (e.g. APM, PRINCE2)
- Thorough understanding of risk and opportunity management best practices
- Proficient in MS Office applications (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application.
You're also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: so please tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet both the role, and Highways England, requirements.
We're expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong so to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible
Help keep England moving.
We look forward to hearing from you.
For a full list of our vacancies please apply at .uk/
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job