Longleat Safari & Adventure Park has an opportunity for an Assistant Retail Manager to join our team. You will be based in Warminster and will join us on a full time, permanent basis working 40 hours per week including weekends, evenings and bank holidays. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £20,000 - £25,000 per annum plus benefits.
Longleat Safari & Adventure Park has been one of the UK’s best-loved attractions for over 50 years. As a business we are passionate about providing wondrous and immersive experiences which lead to lifelong memories for the 800,000 guests that visit us every year! Our guests receive a unique, immersive and authentic experience when they visit, whilst we strive to protect and preserve out natural and built heritage.
As our Assistant Retail Manager, you will be responsible for every aspect of the retail outlets and the retail warehouse. You will play a key role in the communication of sales targets and will also support the continual development of Longleat Safari & Adventure Park as a visitor attraction.
The Assistant Retail Manager duties and key responsibilities:
- Day-to-day supervision of retail outlets including driving sales, merchandising stock and overseeing the daily activities of the Team Leader and Retail Assistants
- Input into and support Operational Plan to maximise performance of retail outlets, outlet operations and performance
- Agree sales targets across the department
- Train and develop team in line with agreed standards to ensure high levels of customer service
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with key internal stakeholders and departments
- Maintain company retail and brand standards of neat, clean and organised sales floor ensuring retail environment is sake for employees and guests
- Evaluate product performance and communicate to the Manager
- Maintain stock levels in outlets, working with the warehouse team to do so
- Provide a guest focused service at all times ensuring that all work is completed to the highest standards
Our ideal Assistant Retail Manager will have the below skills and experience:
- At least 2 years proven successful experience in retail management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Organisational and time management skills, with excellent attention to detail
- Honesty, reliability and discretion and an understanding of confidentiality issues
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks
- Excellent people and customer management skills
- Commercial acumen
- Highly motivated with an ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
In return, we will offer you:
- 29 days holiday per annum, rising to 31 days holiday after 5 years’ service (including public holidays)
- Company pension
- Discounts on retail merchandise, food and beverage
- Complimentary tickets to Longleat Safari & Adventure Park and Cheddar Gorge
- Free car parking
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to become our Assistant Retail Manager and a valued member of our retail team, then click apply – this could be the start of your career at Longleat, a leading Leisure venue.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job