PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
This exciting and demanding role is responsible for providing an excellent customer dining experience, by supporting the Restaurant Manager to ensure that the bar and restaurant staff deliver outstanding customer service, work effectively together as a functioning team and support the kitchen brigade in delighting the customer. This role will also be responsible for managing the table bookings to ensure the best yield of table space throughout service.
- Greet arriving guests, welcome them into the establishment and seat them ensuring that guests are made comfortable and kept informed of the status of their orders or wait times
- Monitoring the dining sections of the restaurant for empty and cleaned tables, estimating wait times for guests, monitoring the guest waiting list, and ensuring that the needs of the guests are met while they are waiting.
- Responsible for answering the telephone, booking reservations and moving tables together to accommodate large parties.
- Supervise and co-ordinate the restaurant and bar service staff
- Prepare the accounts for functions / events and ensure the billing is correctly managed in relation to the event instructions
- Assist in preparing rotas that adequately service the anticipated levels of business
- To ensure the place of work is safe for all and complies with Health and Safety and Licensing requirements.
- To have a good knowledge of Health and Safety and Licensing laws and what actions to be taken to protect all.
- Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays
- Able to work at a pace consistent with changing business volume and demands
- Able to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to work as part of a team
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Previous experience of carrying out a similar role in a high turnover restaurant and bar ideally within a hotel setting
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- Good industry knowledge
- A passion and enthusiasm for the sector
- Strong evidence of customer care skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Health Safety
- Stock Control
- Bar Management
- Restaurant Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'