Our Mere Green Bistrot Pierre is open seven days a week and we serve breakfast (on weekends) and lunch and dinner on every day of the week.
Our restaurant typically caters for a volume of anything from around 80 covers on a quiet weekday lunch service up to around 260 covers per service on a busy lunchtime evening or weekend.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and professional Assistant Manager to join our team.
Duties of the Assistant Manager:
- To be fully “hands on” during service, taking on the full role of serving our customers
- Overall financial responsibility for the performance of the entire restaurant, including the back of house team while the General Manager is away, including cost management and meeting of financial targets
- To be responsible for the supervision of the front of house team, nurturing, mentoring and coaching individuals to build a competent team, which maximises their potential and performance
- To be instrumental in assisting the company to achieve its vision of “great value and delicious cooking in a buzzy atmosphere provided by a friendly and professional team enjoying themselves”
- Assisting the General Manager in providing the bistrot with excellent customer service, in terms of the provision of freshly made cooked dishes, presented and served to brand standard, in a scrupulously clean restaurant
We are looking for an Assistant Manager who has/is:
- Confident and engaging
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent Leadership and team work qualities
- Ambitious and with a good sense of humour
- Hardworking, enthusiastic and very hands on
- A cool head under pressure
- High standards and expectations for the notion of hospitality
- A good eye for details
- A proven track record as a front of house manager in a fast paced, premium casual dining, good quality hotel or restaurant environment
- Advanced IT skills
In return we are offering the successful Assistant Manager the following:
- Up to £24,000 per annum basic salary
- 28 days holiday, including bank holidays
- Generous bonus scheme worth up to £2400 per annum
- Generous chef referral financial incentive scheme worth £750 per successful referral
- Excellent training and development and the opportunity for career progression including eligibility to apply for “Tricolore” our Management Development Programme
- Awesome staff benefits - including staff price on quality wines, "Perkbox" flexible benefits programme and a very generous discounted staff rate on MacDonalds Hotels.