Management Opportunities. Made at Welcome Break
Assistant Manager - KFC Restaurant - Fleet Services
Up to £25,000 per annum plus excellent benefits
One of the great things at Welcome Break is our people and we are looking for an experienced Assistant Manager to come and join the team, someone who is looking to develop their management career leading a team in a fast paced hospitality business. Working for Welcome Break gives you that rare opportunity to work across the different prestige catering and retail brands that make up our business. We actively encourage talented recruits to improve their skills and widen their experience this way.
About the Role
The role of the Assistant Manager, working alongside the Unit Business Manager is to optimise business performance in the Unit, through the effective management of the Team. This is achieved by leading, developing and inspiring our teams to be fanatical about delivering quality service and standards, and by having the knowledge about our products and services we offer to be able to execute the Welcome Break and Unit Brand every time.
The Assistant Manager will coach, develop and lead the Service Leaders and lead by example on shift, consistently communicate to the team using shift briefs and manage by walking around, giving feedback to the team, spotting potential issues and being aware of the unit.
As an Assistant Manager you will help drive sales growth and profit through strong leadership of the Unit, supporting the Unit Business Manager deputising and taking accountability for the Unit and its results at all times.
Main Responsibilities Of The Role - 4 Key Areas
1. Effective shift management of the team
2. Effective Communication
3. Training and Development
4. Finance and security
Key Tasks & Routines
- Ensure the unit delivers memorable customer service and maximises unit sales
- Rewards and recognises the team regularly, verbally and using Kudos on Jam (internal social collaboration site)
- Ensure unit cleanliness and safety complying with Food and Health and Safety regulations
- Implement and adhere to company policies and procedures (Brand and Welcome Break)
- Stock control for the Unit
- Cash procedures are adhered to
- Ensure key controls are implemented at all times.
- Manage develop and motivate the team, leads by example
- Training the team in relevant areas, including sales and service to maximise the sales.
- Highlight and manage poor performance of team members using correct procedures, is able to escalate to formal processes if needed.
To apply for the Assistant Manager role you will have previous team leadership and management skills, along with operational experience in a service focused environment, ideally in a fast paced retail or catering business.
The successful candidate must have the ability to communicate to a wide range of people and have the ability to influence others. They will have high levels of numeracy, be good at problem solving and decision making and above all else be fanatical about delivering fantastic customer service and quality products every time.
Once you’ve been appointed we will then give you all the brand training you need to so that you really know your stuff.
The role comes with the following benefits:
- 30 paid holiday days to start which increase at service increments
- Contributory pension after 3 months
- Free car parking
- Free meal allowance on shift, plus free soft drinks / coffee and tea on shift
- Discounts on food and retail across Welcome Break sites for you and your family when you travel - between 15% -70%
- Our own discount scheme, mywelcomebreak, offering exclusive savings on shopping and services at high street stores and online
- Hotel stays for employees with 50% off room rate and 30% off for your family and friends
- Between £100 - £750 bonus if you suggest someone who we recruit
- Company sick pay (up to 14 weeks)
- Peer to peer recognition schemes
- Uniform provided for many roles
- On boarding programme
- Structured career path and training for your personal and professional development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job