Assistant Managers. Made at Welcome Break
Up to £23,000 per annum plus excellent benefits
One of the great things here at Welcome Break is our people. We know our people love their roles, their team and many of them love to develop the skills of themselves and also develop others too. We are now introducing the role of the Assistant Manager into the business as this gives those people who want to develop their management career an opportunity to take more accountability within their unit on a day to day basis. It gives them a clear and structured career progression as they develop in their site management career.
About the Role
The role of the Assistant Manager, working alongside the Unit Business Manager, is to optimise business performance in the Unit, through the effective management of the Team. This is achieved by leading, developing and inspiring our teams so that they are fanatical about delivering quality service and standards, and by having the knowledge about our products and services we offer to be able to execute the Welcome Break and Unit Brand every time.
The Assistant Manager will coach, develop and lead the Service Leaders and lead by example on shift, consistently communicate to the team using shift briefs and MBWA, giving feedback to the team, spotting potential issues and being aware of the unit.
The Assistant Manager will drive sales and profit through strong leadership of the Unit, supporting the UBM by deputising and taking accountability for the Unit and its results at all times.
This is split into 4 key areas (in addition to the daily responsibilities of a Service Leader when running a shift)
1. Effective shift management of the team
- Motivate and lead the Team to deliver customer service to agreed WB standards, offering all customers a Warm Welcome and a Fond Farewell
- Ensure all Team on shift sell additional products in a natural way by Suggestive selling appropriate products to every customer
- Lead the shift to ensure the everyone can consistently provide excellent product knowledge and that they provide each customer with a Perfect Product every time.
- Ensures that the Team achieve the required standards for business dress consistently.
- Leads that Team to complete set responsibilities in a timely manner, meet brand standard service times, providing Speedy Service
- Ensures that the Team, including the Service Leaders, maintain standards of cleanliness and comply with Company and unit policies and procedures
2. Effective Communication
- Regular liaison with the UBM reference Service Leaders and Team performance and opportunities.
- Communication to the team every shift (1:1, group, verbal and on Jam)
3. Training and Development
- Development of the team and personal development (on job and LMS)
- Team performance, training, coaching and development during the shift
- Management of poor performance using the correct processes.
- Support own unit and others during Fact Find and Disciplinary meetings when issues are escalated.
4. Finance and security
- Effective compliance with operational / finance procedures and controls on the Unit.
- Security of Company assets.
- Contribution of ideas and suggestions to improve customer service and profitability within the unit.
Key Tasks & Routines
- Ensure the unit delivers memorable Famous Five customer service and maximises unit sales, whilst in control of the shift.
- Rewards and recognises the team regularly, verbally and using Kudos on Jam.
- Ensure unit cleanliness and safety complying with Food and Health and Safety regulations
- Implement and adhere to company policies and procedures (Brand and Welcome Break)
- Stock control for the Unit
- Cash procedures are adhered to
- Ensure key controls are implemented at all times
- Manage develop and motivate the team, leads by example
- Training the team in relevant areas, including sales and service to maximise the sales
- Highlight and manage poor performance of team members using correct procedures, is able to escalate to formal processes if needed.
To apply for the Assistant Manager role you will ideally have experience of the following:
- Operational experience and brand specific knowledge
- Communication to a wide range of people
- Influencing skills
- Team Leadership and management skills
- Customer Service Skills - leading by example using Famous Five skills
- Led by communication
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Driving excellence in sales and service
- High levels of numeracy
The role comes with the following benefits:
- 30 paid holiday days to start which increase at service increments
- Contributory pension after 3 months
- Free car parking
- Meal allowance on shift, plus free soft drinks / coffee and tea on shift
- Discounts on food and retail across Welcome Break sites for you and your family when you travel - between 15% -70%
- Our own discount scheme, mywelcomebreak, offering exclusive savings on shopping and services at high street stores and online
- Hotel stays for employees with 50% off room rate and 30% off for your family and friends
- Between £100 - £750 bonus if you suggest someone who we recruit
- Company sick pay (up to 14 weeks)
- Peer to peer recognition schemes
- On boarding programme
- Structured career path and training for your personal and professional development
The role is 40 hours per week accross 5 shifts including evenings and weekends. There are no split shifts but applicants must be flexible to work a range of shifts. Due to the shift patterns applicants must be aged 18 or over.
- Customer Service
- Food Service
- Management Experience
- Fast Food
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job