Assistant Quantity Surveyor
ASSISTANT QUANTITY SURVEYOR-LARGE CIVILS AND CONSTRUCTION FIRM-COMPETITIVE SALARY
Your new role
You will work as an Assistant Quantity Surveyor and cover all aspects of the role, under the supervision of the company's Quantity Surveyors and Senior Quantity Surveyors. Assisting with the process of ensuring that construction projects are within projected budget and to programme.
* assist in estimating, the preparation of tender documentation and cost planning
* carry out sub-contract comparisons and procurement advise
* assist in the appointment and co-ordination of design and other consultants
* assist in contract administration and cost control
* help in site measurement and the production of monthly applications
* manage sub-contract work packages, carry out re-measures, monitor extras and contra charges
* pay sub-contractors
* assist in the preparation of final accounts
* provide assistance in the preparation of cost / value reporting (CVRs)
* attend meetings and undertake site visits as require
What you'll need to succeed
To be suitable for this role you need to have some experience in Surveying, with construction or civil experience highly preferable. The ability to read architectural drawings and have an appreciation of construction processes, along with excellent numerical and IT skills. Having excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills, is key to succeed in this business.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a competitive basic salary as well as development and career progression, whilst working for a leading construction and civils firm.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'