Your new role
Reporting to the Asset Delivery Commercial Manager you will be a part of a project team aligned to Asset Delivery which is responsible for keeping the strategic road network moving and delivering Routine Maintenance, and Design Services and Construction Works Framework (CWF) contracts up to £5m in value.
As an Assistant Quantity Surveyor you will provide commercial assurance as part of the delivery of Schemes through the preparation of budget estimates, target prices and scheme forecasts, monitoring of actual costs against targets and performing cost and value reconciliation to ensure correct cost capture has occurred.
The role can be based from our Penrith or Preston office, if based from Preston you will be required to travel to the Penrith office a minimum of three days per week.
This is a great opportunity to join Highways England, as well as being a major client investing £25bn across the strategic road network between 2020 - 2025 marks the biggest ever increase in funding for the road network, we offer exposure to civil engineering projects that are connecting communities, sustaining business and support the economy.
What you'll be leading on
* The preparation of target prices in line with contract from project inception to target agreement. Activities includes contract management - sending enquiry documentation, quotation assessment, task order award and instructions to supply chain where required.
* Supply Chain Payment assessment including all relevant documentation on a monthly basis, ensuring Scheme Cost and value reconciliation is performed to ensure correct cost capture has occurred
* Management of site level change management including early warning and compensation event management and production, to the relevant delegated authority as necessary.
* Preparing scheme forecasts, monitoring actual cost against targets and advising on contractual matters/ implications.
* Attendance and involvement in buildability meetings and reviewing designs at various stages of completeness for commercial and contractual compliance
* Working collaboratively side by side with other departments and offer assistance as required.
To be successful
* You will have demonstrable experience within the Construction/Infrastructure industry with proven commercial awareness
* You will hold, or be working towards a B.Sc(H) or HND in Commercial Management or Quantity Surveying
* Working towards, or have the inclination to pursue membership of a relevant professional body
* IT competence with the Microsoft office suite of programmes with particular emphasis on excel proficiency
* Have experience of NEC 3 contracts and/or demonstrate understanding of the commercial role within it.
A bit about us
There's never been a better time to join our Commercial and Procurement team. We're a growing, vibrant team helping to drive the most ambitious roads investment programme our country has ever seen. You'll be involved in the design of our modern, progressive contracts and partnerships, negotiating best commercial terms, galvanizing innovation and producing smart cost estimates and plans. Building in every opportunity to ensure that our customers and road workers get home safe and well every day while travelling or working on our road network.
Want to know more?
To request a copy of the role profile please contact quoting reference number.
Why you should join us
At Highways England we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We're proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it - then you'll be a great fit for our organisation.
And finally we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.
- Quantity Surveying
- Contract Administration
- target price
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'