Are you a trainee QS with 12 months experience looking for further career development?
Or perhaps an assistant level QS but you aren't getting the training an exposure you want and need?
We're recruiting for an East Midlands contractor to work on some existing projects.
Projects are varied and include heavy civils / roads / 278 works / sewers and infrastructure
We are looking to strengthen our team with a view to expansion, and are currently looking for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor who will become an asset to the company and assist in its planned growth.
Purpose of this role
This is a great development opportunity for a trainee/assistant level Quantity Surveyor who is seeking career enhancement or progression. The successful candidate will work as part of the Commercial team, reporting directly to the Commercial Director and assist in the preparation of tender submissions including taking quantities and estimating, preparing subcontractor and supplier enquiries, assessing and processing subcontractor payment applications, variations and final accounts.
What the role involves
Responsibilities for the successful Quantity Surveyor will vary depending on the nature and stage of the project being worked on, but can include:
- Preparing tender documents, including bills of quantities from the architectural drawings.
- Undertaking cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work
- Preparing and analysing costings for tenders.
- Allocating work to subcontractors.
- Analysis of progress and writing detailed monthly reports.
- Valuing completed work and arranging payments.
- Maintaining awareness of the different building JCT contracts in current use.
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
The Successful candidate will have:
- A commercial background working within the civils sector
- Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (HNC/NVQ4 etc) or equivalent.
- Appropriate CSCS card.
- SMSTS certificate.
- First Aid certificate.
- Valid driving licence.
Role: Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Start Date: ASAP
Job type: Permanent
Salary: £28,000 - £35,000 + Car + Health + Pension
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'