Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor
The post holder will be responsible for:
• Working with the Green Claims Officer on the pricing activities.
• Supporting Green Claims Team members in all commercial activities.
• Performing all activities at work according to our health, safety, environment and quality culture.
• Maintaining and enhancing the reputation of Ringway Jacobs by encouraging and demonstrating our core values of integrity, collaboration and excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To assist Green Claims officer in all commercial activities for preparing the claims.
• To develop and update the pricing schedule for preparing claims.
• Work closely with different teams to collect relevant information for preparing claims and updating the pricing schedule.
• Assess subcontractors’ payment applications and prepare payment certificates accordingly.
• Carry out site measurements or liaise with operations teams for assessing subcontractors’ payment applications.
• To make sure that liabilities are put on subcontractor payment management system as per subcontractors’ application figures.
• To receive and regularly update the records as per subcontractor record sheets.
• To carry out cost management by using CVR technique.
• To assist senior commercial team members in preparing forecasts.
• To assist senior commercial or operational team members in preparing target cost if required.
• To keep record of subcontractors’ Early Warning Notices (EWNs).
• To keep record of subcontractors’ Notification of Compensation Events (NCEs)
• To assess subcontractors’ NCEs and update their accounts accordingly.
• To review and assess subcontractors’ requisitions
• To assist in raising subcontract purchase orders.
• To assist commercial team members in updating PO register.
• To assist commercial team members in updating subcontract payment applications certified amount and liabilities figures on the master tracker.
• To update subcontractors’ EWNs register.
• To update subcontractors’ NCEs register.
• To update subcontractors’ site instruction (SI) register.
• To provide support to commercial team members for performing other commercial routine activities.
• Ability to manage and prioritise duties.
• An understanding of Civil engineering and Highways measurement principles and able to apply these to preparing Green claims and valuations: (Taking off from the drawings and preparing BOQs or Schedule of Activities as per requirement)
• Ability to engage and communicate with client, stakeholders, subcontractors and third parties.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Good understanding of IT systems (Microsoft Office).
• At least 2 years’ experience in Construction performing commercial duties.
• A basic knowledge of NEC3 conditions of contract
• Good time management and working to meet deadlines
• A basic understanding of Health & Safety legislation and CDM Regulations 2015
• Must be a degree qualified or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or Construction Management
• Team Player
• The role is at two locations and the candidate must have an ability to travel between them
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job