Reporting directly to the Contracts Director, you will be keen to progress your career in the prime/high-end residential construction sector. While being trained in our unique niche market, you will assist in the cost/value dynamic of the prestigious projects assigned. After gaining experience on several contracts, undertaking a variety of critical commercial tasks, and displaying the drive and determination to excel, you will eventually progress to the position of Quantity Surveyor.
Duties to include:
- Regularly prepare liability information for Cost-To-Complete/CVR reports;
- Assist in the preparation of monthly valuations;
- Review drawing revisions; measure, cost, and present project variations;
- Assist in the preparation of RFIs, CVIs, and delay notices;
- Attend site and periodic site progress meetings;
- Provide regular commercial input to the Contracts Manager for progress reporting;
- Produce and issue post-contract subcontractor enquiries; assess, negotiate, and issue bespoke sub- contract orders, demonstrating best value against budget;
- Issue bespoke sub-contract orders and help manage sub-contractor accounts;
- Produce cashflow reports;
- Liaise with all levels of the wider construction and professional team, including clients;
- Work closely with the Site Manager to reduce costs, aid efficiency, and maximise profits;
- Assist in the estimating process when required;
- Understanding the basic principles of JCT contracts;
- Display a keen eye for detail.
- The majority of the work is within 20 miles of the office in Weybridge (KT13 0YT);
- They are a multi award-winning contractor/developer and operate in a premium sector of the construction industry, they pride themselves on the quality of their projects and the relationships they have built with clients, consultants, key sub-contractors and suppliers;
- As a crucial part of the contracts team, you will be actively encouraged to take ownership of a project, rather than being considered as merely another cog in a machine.
Please note your CV will be reviewed against the vacancy criteria and we will contact you within one week if we wish to progress your application any further.
March Recruitment Ltd is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy and is an equal opportunities employer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job