Hunter Mason's client are currently seeking a Junior Quantity surveyor with a minimum of 2 years’ experience, to join our ever expanding, and experienced team in the construction industry, with an immediate start. The role will be working closely alongside the commercial team.
• Assist in obtaining sub-contract quotations for various work packages for projects.
• Assist in the appraisal & negotiation to sub-contract orders.
• Assist in raising purchase orders and preparation and the issue of contract documentation.
• Assist with measuring and valuing works carried out at factory and on site.
• Record, monitor and assist in the pricing and negotiation of contractual variations with clients / employer’s agents.
• Assist in the preparation and submission of contractual notifications in a timely manner.
• Carry out site visits as required.
• Working with other commercial team members to ensure sub-contractor accounts are accurately valued, certified and issued in a timely manner.
• Assist in pricing variations to contract works.
• Attending weekly project meetings / sub-contract pre-order meetings / client meetings This is an outline description of the key responsibilities and accountabilities involved in the job.
This is not an exhaustive list and the post-holder might be expected to undertake any other duties across the wider organisation, commensurate with level of responsibility of this post, for which the post holder has the necessary experience and/or training.
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING·
Commercial awareness and strong numeracy skills.
• Qualified to GCSE standard in English and Maths
• Minimum working towards / completed HNC qualification in Construction.
• Experience in use of MS Office particularly MS Word and MS Excel
• Excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience
• Clean driving licence
• Continuing professional development
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'