K.A.G Recruitment have an amazing opportunity available for an Assistant Quality Manager to join our client a market leading Pet Food Manufacturer based in Edgeworthstown.
Role: Assistant Quality Manager
Salary: 45,000 - 60,000 Euros DOE
Purpose of the Role:
To support the site Quality Manager in leading and coordinating all site quality strategies to minimise customer complaints & defects, optimise plant performance, prevent loss and wastage, and improve procedural compliance.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Implement, Development and Maintain the Food Safety Management system under guidance from the Quality Manager. This involves review of all relevant customer COPs and supporting documents, BRC/IFS standards and the Food Quality Management System identifying the gaps and implementing the changes to ensure compliance.
- Liaising with the owners of the relevant prerequisites & areas managers to ensure they are aware of their ownership and responsibility to the food safety management system.
- Completion of gap analysis against the above to create the Procedures and SOPS required to ensure compliance.
- Working with production in the development of site practices in line with Retailer Standards & Codes of Practices
- Assist in managing the Thermal Processing requirements within the site providing cover for the Thermal Processing Technologist.
- Maintain, Track and Update Site Quality KPI’s.
- Cleaning, Planning, Management and Agreement of cleaning plan on a weekly basis with production and engineering. Working closely with current cleaning provider and other site stakeholders to ensure best in calls standards are achieved in a cost- efficient manner.
- Conduct and Schedule Daily GMP, Hygiene Audits of pouch and report findings.
- Issue internal NCRs to production, engineering and warehousing from issues identified in operations.
- Attend first production runs and work with production and R&D to achieve RFT and ensure product sign off.
- Managing pest control for the site under the support and guidance of the Site Quality Manager.
- Management of site environmental and CCP protocols on site, including audits relating to foreign body control in the Pouch Plant and Epicom.
- Lead and drive the internal audit programme, Updating the annual schedule and risk assessment with any new requirements. Review of contents of audit templates to ensure requirements with the clauses in all relevant standards and COPs.
- Work with suppliers including issuing barcode specification, verification and managing barcode issues with suppliers and auditors on any raw material supply issues.
You will ideally be educated to degree level in a Food Science/ Food Technology/ Engineering/ Quality or equivalent Science related discipline and have previous experience in a manufacturing, food processing or pharmaceutical background.
You will possess excellent people management skills and the ability to work effectively and communicate well in a demanding environment with experience working to BRC standards.
You will also have a proven track record of designing, development and implementation of a QMS to a recognised accreditation standard.
- Food Quality
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'