- Location: Birmingham, B16
- Salary: £20-25K per annum
- Benefits package
About the Company
Our client is a prominent provider of clinical services specialising in cognitive impairment. They are a recognised award winner and a leader in their fields of expertise. They deliver expert clinical care to private patients, are one of the foremost providers of clinical trials in the world and deliver award winning medico-legal services. They have enjoyed significant growth over recent years and has robust business plans to continue expansion, including internationally – it is a truly exciting time to join our business.
As their Assistant Psychologist/Rater, you will work on an exciting research site investigating novel interventions for the treatment of cognitive disorders, based in Birmingham. The post holder will be responsible for administering psychometric and cognitive rating scales to subjects who have volunteered to take part in the studies. You will be expected to:
- Undertake a broad range of psychological assessments, including the use of psychometric tools, self-report measures, rating scales, direct and indirect structured observations and semi-structured interviews with study participants and their carer’s
- Assist with the study setup and take responsibility maintenance of Rater equipment i.e. tablets, recording devices, psychometric kits, subject binders etc.
- Update appropriate patient databases to aid recruitment and reporting of recruitment and book screening appointments accurately using the appropriate scheduling tool
- Maintain adequate records and ensure all relevant information is accurately documented in the study participant’s files
- Perform data entry in accord with sponsor or trial requirements and systems and ensure data queries are resolved promptly
- Ensure a competent knowledge and understanding of all trials by reviewing the protocol, attending Investigator Meetings, SIVs and relevant study training meetings/conferences.
- Check patient files at the end of visits to ensure all procedures/assessments have been completed
To be considered for their Assistant Psychologist/Rater role, you will have the following skills and experience:
Applicants should have a degree in Psychology or related subject (minimum 2.1) and clinical/research experience in mental health.
Experience of data collection for research and experience of data entry and data management. Experience in administering the following cognitive rating scales:
- Mini-Mental State Exam (MMSE)
- Clinical Dementia Rating scale (CDR)
- Repeatable Battery for the Assessment of Neuropsychological Status (RBANS)
- Neuropsychiatric Inventory (NPI)
Assistant Psychologist Benefits:
- Continuous professional development
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Scheme
If you feel you are suitable for the Assistant Psychologist role, please apply now!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job