Assistant Project Support Manager - £26.84ph incl hol pay - Central London
Start ASAP for two months initially, extension highly possible
We are looking for an Assistant Project Support Manager to work within this Russell Group University based in Central London.
The Assistant Project Support Manager has a dual role of; line management of Project Support Officers, Project Support Assistants and Project Administrators, as well as providing project support services, as part of a project team, to work under the supervision of a Project or Senior Project Manager.
The percentage of time spent on key tasks will vary at times depending on the level of demand for project support services.
The post holder must have a high level of personal impact, significant line management experience (ideally in a matrix management environment), and be used to managing multiple tasks and personalities.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following experience and skills:
- Ability to supervise a team to effectively deliver IT project support services including line managing staff, recruitment of both permanent and temporary staff, performance management, mentoring, staff development and staff appraisals.
- An understanding of IT project planning including; knowledge of the full project lifecycle, estimating effort, scheduling resources and identifying dependencies.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills including the ability to plan and prioritise own and others workload.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills which enable the post to develop positive working relationships and to work effectively both independently, and as a proactive team member, in a project environment.
- An understanding of the general principles of information technology such as its role in decision support, methods of data capture, storage and retrieval, development tools, operating systems, networks and security and the latest developments in these areas.
- Demonstrable ability to deliver, or support the delivery of, IT related projects or parts of projects via project support services; minute-taking, data and information gathering, SharePoint administration and communications.
Due to time constraints and the number of applications we will only be able to respond personally to successful candidates. Hopefully you will be one of those. If not please do feel free to send your CV again for any other positions that are of interest.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity
- Project Management
- Line Management
- IT Projects
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job