Assistant Project Manager
The Assistant Project Manager is charged with defining, planning and coordinating activities and resources to deliver the projects and/or work packages on time, within budget and to quality.To do this the assistant project manager will be expected to work with resource managers within a matrix structure and technical experts to:Scope specific work packages and their associated budgets, define milestones, monitor costs, report progress on the project to management and customers, maintain and manage a register of ongoing risks and opportunities.
The job allows interaction with a wide variety of personnel at various levels within the company as well as with customers.The company has a well-defined operational framework that includes 'best practice' for project management.The jobholder has the opportunity to explore a variety of business systems and company practices.The successful candidate will find rewards not only from having delivered the project but also from having the opportunity to contribute to defining good practice within
Key Responsibility Areas
The assistant project manager will lead and co-ordinate the project team for defined tasks, and therefore must be a good team player possessing strong team building and motivational skills.The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the ability to:-
- Plan, manage, monitor and report on several work packages/tasks simultaneously in accordance with a Lifecycle management process.
- Have a good level of financial acumen and regularly report metrics, including cash flow, earned value, and cost to complete.
- Conduct effective Risk and Opportunity reviews and be pro-active in looking ahead to identify risks that may impact the project or can be mitigated.
- Be capable of interacting with technical experts from a variety of disciplines and should be prepared to challenge and seek further justification where necessary.
- Facilitate problem solving and resolve conflicts within the team.
- Negotiate at all levels within the business as well as with customers and possess a strong sense of commercial awareness.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- It would be advantageous for the candidate to have previous experience in a project management role.
- We will encourage applications from people who are members of the Association for Project Managers (APM) or are keen to work towards the requirements for registration.
- Experience of MS Project and SAP would be beneficial
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'