Assistant Project Manager
Salary: Competitive – Depending on experience
Five days a week shift pattern – Variable start times during the year (Information will be provided at the interview stage)
About the company:
OHES Environmental Limited (OHES), part of the Adler and Allan Group, is a multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy operating across the UK and the Republic of Ireland. OHES has grown and diversified over the last 16 years to a point where our business is led and staffed by some of the brightest and most experienced consultants in the UK market place. More recently, in response to client demands, the Company have constructed a number of product bundles from their full range of services, which are designed to overcome environmental challenges in specific markets and sectors.
The primary purpose of the role will be to support the Project Manager co-ordinate a team of field technicians to attend and investigate water pollution incidents.
Duties of the Assistant Project Manager:
- Support the Project Manager to lead a team of field technicians attending and investigating water pollution incidents across the Greater London and surrounding areas
- Co-ordinate the response to water pollution incidents across the Greater London and surrounding areas
- Mentor graduate field technicians through technical water quality advice
- Responsible for assisting the training and development of graduate technicians
- Ensure the quality of technical report writing
- Ensure compliance with OHES procedures including OHES-EMON-TWW001 – TW007
- Manage the procurement & maintenance of field equipment & PPE
- Continually review operational practises and planning
- Regularly liaise and update the OHES client on the service provision
- Monthly performance reporting & meeting with OHES client on the service provision
- Provision of accurate and timely information to line management.
- Leading team performance by sharing knowledge and best practices at all levels
Requirements of the Assistant Project Manager:
- Degree in a Biological or Environmental Sciences discipline
- 1-2 years’ experience working in an environmental discipline
- Comprehensive understanding of water chemistry and the indicative parameters
- A full clean UK driving licence
- Knowledgeable & experienced in scientific fieldwork
- Experience of leading and managing an operational field team is desirable
- Competent user of Microsoft Outlook, Excel & Word
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Strong analytical and numerical skills with the ability to pay close attention to detail
- Motivated, friendly and confident interacting with clients
- Understanding of the role of regulators such as the Environment Agency
If you meet the requirements of this Assistant Project Manager role is right for you then please apply today!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job