Assistant Project Manager
£Dependent on experience
Interaction Recruitment is delighted to be working with a leading retail designer in the area of Bristol, for a temporary role as a Junior Project Manager for a minimum of at least two months.
Do you enjoy building good relationships with customers and suppliers?
Do you want to work for a company that offers career progression?
Are you a good negotiator to obtain good prices?
Day to Day Duties:
· To ensure the timely delivery of profitable projects in line with the company ethos & policy to ensure we build good relationships with customers & suppliers
· To attend Projects Review Meetings with the Project Management & Global Sourcing teams.
· To follow ARNO processes (e.g. WBS) ensuring compliance to expected work performance.
· Under the guidance of Project Managers, manage and monitor your projects to ensure that they are managed to achieve or exceed the targets agreed for cost, margin, delivery and quality.
· Generate and manage all paperwork required for international and national freight, e.g Cert of Origin, Commercial Invoices & Pallet Lists; booking transport (trucks and shipping containers) communicating with forwarding agents.
· Placing of Purchase Orders, processing of purchase invoices relating to projects or other goods or services. To closely monitor and record project expenditure in relation to production and installation.
· To request invoices for services and manufacture within area of responsibility, provide financial analysis of projects including that required for interim health checks or job closure meetings and keep careful track of stock.
· To analyse project requirements and devise accurate quotations for their realisation through concise briefing of selected suppliers. Produce cost estimation spreadsheets for sign off by Senior Management for the Sales Team publication to clients.
· To select suppliers appropriate to each project and ensure that they are correctly briefed and overseen so that projects are delivered on time and within budget. Negotiate with suppliers regarding cost to ensure that profitability is maximised whilst delivering the quality of product required.
· To keep other departments and account handlers informed of project developments, alterations and timelines required for delivery of project elements in order that they are equipped to manage client expectations.
· To vet potential new suppliers; to keep up to date with, and inform colleagues of the range of services which established suppliers are able to offer.
· To monitor and ensure regular updating of our Navision Project Management System and any other company supplier databases.
· To support other department personnel as necessary to assist when work loading is abnormal; in cases of absence for holidays; sickness or any other significant absence from your team to ensure continuity of the projects delivery.
· A Knowledge of SAP (ECC6) is a must
· Proficient in using Microsoft Excel and Word;
· Be aware that the job is not 8.30am to 5.00pm at all times;
· Be able to prioritise workload and produce presentable work;
· Have a good telephone manner;
· Have a good sense of humour;
· Be able to work in a team
· Have a driving licence
For more information regarding this role please contact Teresa New at Interaction Recruitment on
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job