Job Title: Assistant production manager
Salary: £25k - £30k
*** EXCITING OPPORTUNITY ***
Swanstaff are currently advertising a fantastic opportunity for you to join a hugely successful company which is showing fantastic growth year on year which is not expected to stop anytime soon!
If you are looking to work for a company with great values and wish to progress your career then this could be the perfect role for you.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Ability to manage people, ensuring production staff are focused, motivated and assigned to the right task at all times.
- Be able to optimise production and controlling the flow and sequencing of manufacturing.
- Happy to be responsible for the execution of the Health & Safety Policy ensuring all control measures are in place to create a safe working environment.
- Experience using SAGE as you will need to input necessary production entries and supporting information on the production system
- Experience in dealing with new starters i.e. creating training plans, ensuring all staff are aware of SOP`s across all aspects of production.
- Handling your own daily/weekly meetings with both new and existing staff.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring start up checks are completed for each machine prior to use.
- Recording / monitoring utilisation & make recommendations to increase equipment efficiency/effectiveness.
- Ensuring PPM is carried and liaising on any faults found.
- Where faults are found ensuring initial fault finding occurs in order to advise Production Manager of any remedial action required.
- Previous Management Supervisory experience in a food production environment
- Experienced and good knowledge in the areas of batch control, stock control and management
- Strong man-management training and skill with the ability to motivate and get the best from individuals
- Formal training in Health and Safety and Food Hygiene
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook, experience with Sage 200 desirable
Qualifications and Skills:
Looking for a tool to help you with your job search?
Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job