Express Recruitment are proud to be recruiting on behalf of a reputable engineering firm in Derbyshire, East Midlands. Due to continued expansion and rapidly increasing success, our client are seeking to recruit an Assistant Project Manager. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the successful execution and on time delivery of 'high risk’ projects.
Due to the demanding nature of the role, candidates must be prepared to travel overseas from time to time, therefore full British passport is required.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- All aspects of project development and planning to ensure the successful delivery of multiple projects
- Managing aspects of project planning, including company budgets and forecasted project spend
- Preparing tenders and legal documentation in accordance with company policy and procedures
- Preparing invoices and ensuring they are paid promptly and in accordance with company terms and conditions relating to legal contract
- Maintaining strong working relationship at all levels with project management team, customers and key suppliers
- Maintaining a strong awareness of commercial terms and conditions under which the project was originally tendered
- Attending internal meetings and site visits to discuss project related topics, and highlight any occurring issues
- Identifying potential project 'risks’ and ensuring they are distinguished promptly and in an appropriate manner
- Recording all legal documentation in the companies ERP system
- Implementing innovative solutions in order to reduce cost and improve the quality of delivery
Qualifications and Experience needed:
- HNC or higher in Mechanical/Electrical engineering or similar field
- Previous experience in a project planning role
- IT literate across all MS office and Excel packages
- Previous experience in a mechanical or electrical industry
- An understanding of health and safety and environmental operational systems
- Full clean driving licence
- Full British passport
If you know you have the required skills and experience and would like to find out more please apply now.
Unfortunately we are unable to contact all candidates due to the large volume of applications we receive. If you have not heard from a consultant within the next three days please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. Please do not hesitate to apply for other suitable roles in the future.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Express Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Express Recruitment Ltd. are those of an Employment Agency.
- Project Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job